Chapter IV | Afterschool

7.

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐞𝐰

"I'm telling you man, we can't wait until another full year. Our time is now, we need to start a revolution, one where we'll go down in history," Gus said.

If you're wondering what's going on, school had let out and we were now hanging out in the parking lot listening to Gus blabber about the same old idea of us somehow taking over, ruling the world scheme. It was his dream. I on the other hand did not care for popularity or being known, I just wanted to be happy, that's all.

Theo looked over at me and I looked back at him just shaking my head before rolling my eyes at Gus's idiotic proposition.

"Gus get your head out of your ass, dreams are for fools," I said before looking off, noticing the girl from earlier who I ran into. She was standing next to another girl talking.

Brooklyn, yea that was her name.

"You're wrong. Gray if we didn't have dreams what would we be, how would we live. Look, I know you have a dream for something," he said before pausing.

I ignored him staring at the girl who looked over to me and waved while smiling in my direction.

"Perhaps it's her," he said.

"What?" I asked, breaking her gaze before turning back to him.

"Look I know you just met her but it's clear you're whipped, just go ask the chick out already and end this awkwardness," he said.

"I hate to admit it, but he's right," Theo said.

I turned away gazing once more at the girl before turning back to Gus and Theo who were standing there before me.

"Fine," I said, rolling my eyes a bit causing Gus to smirk.

Theo gave me a push motioning for me to go over by her. I let my feet guide me to her direction while I silently breathe before parting my lips to speak.

"H-hi, again," I spoke to her.

Gosh I'm such a fucking nerd.

"Hi, Gray," she said.

I couldn't help but to smile and blush a little when she said my name.

"So, um, how are you?" I asked awkwardly, not really knowing what else to say. I was so damn nervous, I can't say I've ever felt this way before.

"Since lunchtime, I've been okay. It wasn't really a chaotic first day, thankfully," she said before laughing to herself a bit.

"Yeah," I said also laughing a bit to myself for no apparent reason at all.