𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

july fifteenth

friday

"Had I know we would have 30 minutes waiting time, I would've suggested walking around for longer." he said said as you walked out of the restaurant with the circular buzzer in one hand and your hand in his other.

"I don't mind, I'm having a great time. Veryy happy. We could go home now and I'd be the happiest girl ever. As long as I'm with ya" you said leaning into his shoulder.

"Y/n, you haven't even ate. That's not a date." he looked at both ways as you crossed back to the street with multiple shops. "You must be unaware of the dates I've been on" he looked at you wearily because he didn't wanna hurt his own feelings but he asked anyways.

"Well make me aware, I wanna know" you sighed as you walked towards a small coffee shop all the way at the end.

You started to recount the three dates you've been on. Oh how terrible they were. You didn't count the dates you had with your grandpa, like brunch, or the times he'd take you to a special dinner. Those were different. You know what Constance meant in this instance.

"Okay, Nuki, yeah for my very first date in life, he took me to Taco Bell, I will say the Baja Blast was great, but not much else. Taco Bell, then to a park, and no not a romantic kind of park, like park where people have sex in their cars. And I didn't give none up soo you know how that goes" you said looking over to the music store across the street.

"He sucks, hope he chokes on pebbles that are too small to swallow and spit out so they stay in his throat" you looked at Constance and his raised shoulders giving you a raised eyebrows look like he had said nothing at all.

"Uhuh..okay and then Jojo, he took me to watch his football game, but, kissed another girl when his team won, he even pointed to her when he made a touchdown. So embarrassing for me, and when I was gonna leave, he came and tried to hug me in front of everyone like I was a side chick or like the other woman." Constance felt like he was getting mad for you right now, everything you were saying was either irritating or saddening him.

He couldn't imagine treating you like that, he would feel so horrible. He cares too much for your emotions to ever do something so perverse to you.

"I hope he breaks his throwing arm" you smiled to Constance because that one was clever. "My third date was with this guy, his name's Constance, I only just added him because I really really wanted to talk about him." Connie looked to floor as you began talking about him.

"He's my favorite, favorite everything by the way. For our first date, he took me to Sina City, see I've never been there, and a special part of town, it's full of people with that special kind of energy to them. Older kinder people. He probably knows I love old people, he's really smart that way" you tapped his shoulder as you entered the coffee shop.

It had that same old school style to it that all the places had. You walked to a small table booth, you and Connie slid in to one side and your eyes examined over the area.

You admired the brown and red style, more burgundy than red but nonetheless, it had a clean sleek look, almost reminding you of a barbershop but the smell of coffee and the seats brought you back to the scene of where you really were.

You wondered if all the old people who owned these shops hung out, and lived around here because yet another old old song played. Except you happened to know this one, very, very well.

YOU CAN PLAY IT NOWᰔ

You felt yourself humming to the strums of the women's voices. "Y/n what are you doing" Connie looked at you with a deadish face as you you looked back to him confused.

"Huh? Uh reading the drink list?" he shook his head because maybe he was hearing things so he nodded giving you an 'oh'.

You returned to reading but the words just slipped out, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss, he hit me and I knew he loved me" you were bobbing your head but when you realized such crude words were said out loud you instantly shut your mouth and Connie looked to you with big eyes.

"Y/n don't ever sing that shit again in yo life. Them words bet not ever leave your mouth again. Okay?" he titled his head at you and you nodded yes.

"Singing that shit hard as fuck n ion like that" he mumbled and you let out a small chuckle, "Sing it like I wrote it cus I felt it" but you forgot just how intently Connie listens.

"What? Somebody hit you? Who? Why didn't you ever tell me? Someone here? Someone in Atlanta? Who? When? How long?" you smiled at his caring but he misunderstood or.. you didn't give enough information.

"No no, my mom, back home, she played this song a lot because she could relate to the lyrics and she would say she sang it like she wrote it because she felt it. That's why, nobody hit me, I'm fine." his eyes went back to calm as the song ended soon after you spoke.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he leaned his head on your shoulder because he did feel panic when you first said it, the things he can not say but would do for you if anything like that ever happened to you were unimaginable.

"Make it up to me by taking me over there to the music store." you pointed through the glass window to the store with the vinyl records lines up on the bottom of the window and them hanging at the top.

"You are so weird, scooch cmon" he bumped your butt with his hips as he moved, and you left with no greet or goodbye. You crossed the street and Connie put you in a position where you had to athletic jog in your heels.

Your feet were bound to be sore tomorrow. He held the door green framed glass door open while you walked in, "Thank you, dear" you said as you stepped in, "Dios, estoy enamorado" he whispered, "Wait, I've never heard that what does that mean?" he shrugged his shoulders, his arm latching around your waist/lower back.

An old hispanic man, tanned skin came from the counter, his hair in small gray curls, "You two can put anything to play on the record player, just gotta be from the shelves right there" he pointed to the wall beside you.

The store had walls with hooks where each record hung, the man adjusted his light green shirt and grey pants before taking a seat and opening his book, sliding his glass back to fit his face snuggly.

"Okay, thank you!" you smiled as you and Connie walked over to browse for a record to play. He held you warmly, though a soft song already played it was important you two chose your own song. Something that suits you together.

You felt your bodies slightly rocking as you read over the names of the records in your head. Both of his hands finding either side of your hips, his head on your shoulder, breath fanning past the skin of your neck.

A/N 💝👩🏾‍💼🐐🤷🏾‍♀️
Yea, I do plan to ruin any chances your future irl bf has, do you think hes gonna live up my version of the constance springer?! Cmon now😫 I most likely wont update again till after monday starting tmr just so yk😭🤗 but thats not long so it should go unnoticed

garden kisses • arm1nsjukie

check the window im right outside...

come down and let me in...

forbidden fruit all on my mind..

you greet me with a kiss baby..