༄𝟶𝟶𝟸

"Um... Kazuha?"

"Hm?"

"Say, why don't you...  try to escape?"

You asked while walking in front of the male who just walked behind, a rope attached to his wrists as you two walked since multiple minutes already just causing you to be even more confused about the white haired males behavior. How was he one of the most wanted criminals in Inazuma when he would just surrender in front of someone like you. It didn't matched up a bit.

It was I lent for a moment as you glanced over your shoulder, seeing that Kazuha was just looking at the ground before he gave an answer.

"All honestly? I don't know... I guess I'm not fully by myself right now or else you wouldn't even get to catch me before"

"Oi! I'm not weak y'know?!"

But the male only chuckled at this, still looking at the ground as you suddenly stopped in your tracks, turning around to him as your facial expression went from an annoyed one to an concerned one even though you wasn't sure why you pitied him.

"Did something happened?"

You asked, your voice now calm to the surprise of Kazuha who finally looked up again — hesitating a bit again before a sad smile formed in his face just as he remembered the events only a few days before.

"If you really want to know, a friend of mine made a terrible decision..."

"Oh yeah I know how that feels, I make terrible decision all the time as well"

You bluntly said, innocently looking at Kazuha who just stood there dumbfounded.

"Well... he is dead"

"..."

"..."

"Oh"

"But now, could I ask you a question?"

"Huh? Eh, yes go ahead"

You said, not really expecting the male to have a question to you as you two startled walking again.

"How comes you even care?"

"Uh... Well... you don't seem to be a bad guy so I thought... ugh no forget it, I need to bring you to my village"

You said, walking faster now as Kazuha just followed suit. Why did you cared about him? Why felt you even sorry for a criminal? That were questions you couldn't give an answer to and the list of things that went through your head just grew with every second. People were describing Kazuha as a heartless criminal, ready to slaughter whole folks and yet — he seemed so innocent. Maybe it was just a facade but never in your life did you encounter someone like him before.

and after some time — your village finally came in sight the white haired male couldn't lie about that he was slightly surprised. He never saw that village before and as he took a closer look, it was clear that the people who lived there didn't made it easy for one to just walk into the city without anyone noticing.

There were multiple guards with at least five weapon on each of them, placed on every entrance in between the wall made of thick tree trunks, who surrounded the surprisingly huge village. And even inside, samurai were walking down the streets, some even with horses as Kazuha took note of even the traders carrying daggers or swords with them.

The male couldn't help but look at the village with wide eyes, only expecting a small village with some hunters and farmers but definitely not some kind of high-security wing.

And just as you were about to walk towards the entrance at the foot of the hill you were recently on, you noticed the ground of renegades that your comrades recently captured — their hands in iron chains as they were lead down the street in the middle of your village, some of the samurai escorting the emaciated people towards the prison carriage at the main entrance to bring them towards the elders of inazuma.

You gulped as you saw the hopeless faces of the criminals before gazing at Kazuha who seemed to noticed them as well.

"Kazuha... follow me"

You said, almost in a whisper as you started walking again — just that you walked in to the part of the wooden wall where to entrance nor guards were at and just the wall, confusing the male for a moment before he followed you anyways.

"What are you doing?"

"Silent!"

You whisper shouted at him, looking at your surroundings before answering his question.

"I can't do that ok?! But I can't let you go as well so now... um... I don't know now but your coming with me!"

You said, even being confused yourself as you wasn't sure if what you were doing was the right thing but you couldn't let Kazuha end like all the other criminals who were caught by the hunters.

"Here"

You whispered, pointing at a whole in the wooden wall that was hidden behind bushes, just big enough for you to crawl through it without anyone noticing.

"you go first. Not that you get the idea to run away or something. Oh and be silent or else they will notice"

You said as you looked at the male who hesitated for a moment, causing you to wonder what he was thinking about before he slightly smiled and did as you said, going through that hole before you followed suit and came right after.

"This way"

You whispered, taking Kazuha's hand to drag him behind you as you two walked behind some small houses till you reached a small wooden house a bit offside of the others before you stepped in — luckily staying unnoticed by the guards outside.

"O bāchan"

You said as Kazuha as well noticed the old woman who sat inside the house, now gazing up to meet eyes with you before looking at the male with a blank expression.

"( Y/N )... for gods sake, what did you do again?"

She asked, looking unamused as you just nervously chuckled, not daring to look at the woman who just sighed before she raised the wooden spoon in her hand — pointing it at you for a moment beide she suddenly threw it at your head, causing you to fall back to the ground as Kazuha was trying to not laugh.

"Oi!"

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hello there,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and am sorry for not updating in a while HAHDHSHD it's just that I still have a few other books and usually I update every day but now I'm not at home and don't have that much time for that so I'm really sorry.

Anywayyys hope you have / had a great day and see you hopefully soon <333

~ Author