༄𝟶𝟷𝟸

"S- sorry" you muttered at what the male had said.
It kinda surprised you but in a good way as you slightly smiled at Kazuha who was still not really progressing what happened just now.

"Well then, I'm sorry to disturb you!" Itto exclaimed with a grin before he started to walk away, only for you to speak up once again. "Wait! Thank you,
Itto-San, for... for not killing us" you said while your words got a bit quieter to the end of your sentence, thinking it's a bit stupid to say it.

Arataki turned around once again, the grin on his face even wider as before as he laughed at this a bit.
"No problem! And don't get recklessly killed by someone else on your way" he said, turning on his heel once again as he waved back at you, the five oni coming out of the forest as well as they simply followed the grey haired male without even looking back.

"Phew... that was quite an experience" you said while falling on the ground on purpose, your back slightly hitting the moss and the leafs on the ground as you wanted to rest for a bit. "He sure is an Strange guy..."
Kazuha mumbled before he slid down on the tree with his back and sat there beside you in silence once again.

————❖————

Torches lightened up the small, dark room a bit as Itto kneeled in front of the one who gave him the mission to eliminate the two 'criminals' not long ago. Behind him sat his fellow oni's in a row, looking down at the grey haired male.

"Arataki. You sure did not forgot that in exchange for you keeping your vision, you are under my command, have you?" The man asked, his dominant voice booming through the room as Itto didn't dared to look up at the male in front of him. "No I did not forget about it"

"We even offered you quite the big amount of a reward.  And yet, these two troublemakers are still out there" Takayuki said, looking at the oni who wasn't moving an inch.

"Take away his vision"

Hearing this, Itto's head shot up just to be greet by two soldiers running at him. He wanted to move and defend his vision but was already struck tint he ground by two others who came from behind, so that he wasn't even able to move as quick as one of them took his vision away.

"That should teach you a lesson" Takayuki said as he turned on his heel and walked out of the room, leaving itto who was yelling at him behind.

————❖————

The sun shone still bright at the sky above you as you and Kazuha wandered through the forest once again.

The encounter with the Oni was something you really did not want to happen once again because you felt like you would have an hear-attack as you were running from them, but now you weren't really thinking about it and tried to figure out where you would have to go next if you wanted to maintain the
5-day-trip that you planned before. Yesterday was the first day, and today the second. What meant you would still have 3 and a half days to arrive in the main city of inazuma if everything goes as planned.

But then you had to think of a certain moment not long ago that day and turned towards your white haired companion who was casually walking beside you. "Kazuha?" He looked over at you, waiting for you to say something as you hesitated for a second before finally speaking up again. "thank you"

"For what?" He asked, rising an eyebrow at you suddenly thanking him out of nowhere as he wasn't really sure what you meant. "Back in the Forest, when Itto captured me, you could have run away. I know that this trip is probably not what you would prefer doing now, so thank you not just leaving"

You smiled at the ground, not looking up at Kazuha listening Ed to your explanation before he slightly smiled to himself as well. "Who would let a friend all alone in such a situation"
He said, walking a bit forward as your head shot up before a grin was plastered on your face.
"Friend?? That means you really see me as a friend?!?! Naww Kazuha!" You happily exclaimed while practically jumping behind the male who slightly sweat-dropped, listening to you rumbling on about how he called you a friend.

"You know what, I take it back..."

"Ha! YOU CANT!!"