༄𝟶𝟷𝟷

The male's eyes widened at his sight as he gazed at a male sitting on top of the rock, holding the back of your clothes as you dangled in the air in front of him.
The man was quite tall as well and other than that, the thing that was eye catching was his red horns. He had long, grey hair with red tips and long black fingernails. His eyes had a crimson hue and he grinned brightly, just like a small kid would do.

But the sight of him alone was not what made Kazuha worry, and instead the five other Oni standing around him.

He looked at you for a moment, seeing that you hadn't any injuries or anything and just stared blankly at nothing in particular, feeling a bit stupid being held like this. "I don't like this... at all" you muttered, not even really noticing that Kazuha had arrived there was well.

"You" the white haired male said, addressing the male who was holding you as you finally snapped out of it again as well and looked over to your companion, same as the man behind you.
"Oh, you must be Kazuha, right?" The tall male asked, smiling at the slightly confused samurai who simply nodded his head. "Let her go" he commented, griping the hilt of his sword even tighter.

"You know, I'm really not into these kind of jobs" the Oni laughed before getting serious all of a sudden. "But I got orders to eliminate you" this word were enough to sent shivers down your spine as you looked at the male who was still smiling but not as childish as before anyone. "Umm, excuse me mister Oni, sir? If your going to kill me, it would be nice if you at least tell us your name. You know, it's only fair to know the name of the own killer" you said, looking back at the him.

"Oh, that really sounds fair" and there was this childish attitude of the man again that left you confused. "My name is Arataki Itto"

"Oh thats a nice Name. Now then, mine is ( Y/N ). You should remember it when you cross the gates of death" you said, pulling out your own sword that for some reason, nobody took away from you as you aimed at Itto's arm who let go of you out of reflex.
You fell to the ground as already two of the other Oni were attacking you, but got blocked by Kazuha's blade who now towered above you, giving you time to stand up properly again.

As Kazuha was able to Stricke the two creatures back, he quickly took your hand and away from to scene while dragging you behind. "Eh?! Kazuha we have to fight them!"

"We would have no chance" he simply said what made you shut up immediately. You knew you should listen to him when it came to things like these, because he had way more experience with these kind of things than you did. But as expected, Itto didn't needed long to catch up to you as he slashed his claymore at the two of you, only to miss by an inch as he cut off some of your hair strands, causing you to Yelp at the blade just missing your face by a few inches.

Kazuha pulled you forward so now you were running a bit in front of him, further away from Itto who was catching up year another time. "Kazuha!" You yelled as his head got almost splittend in two just for him to dodge last second to the side, unwilling leaving the path as he slid a few meters to the side, almost hitting a tree as he then finally stopped.

You stopped in your tracks as well, turning around to see Itto sprinting at the male as you ran towards him as well, not exactly knowing what to do as your reflexes were faster than your sense.

Kazuha wasn't even able to look up as fast as it all happened as he was suddenly embraced by something, his eyes widened as he noticed that you were kneeling in front of him hike holding him a bit tight to prevent any attack hitting him.

You had your eyes shut and gritted your teeth as you were basically just waiting for the claymore to hit your back, but that didn't happened. It took a few seconds before you relaxed a bit, still not sure what happened as you slightly turned your head to the side, seeing that the claymore was mere inches away from cutting through the fabric of your clothes.

"Hm..." Itto pulled his weapon away, placing it on his shoulder as he looked at you who seemed more than just a bit shocked. "What...?" You couldn't really tell the male's Plan was but you loosened your grip around Kazuha a bit as he also progressed what just happened.

"Hm, I kind don't feel like killing you anymore"
Itto simply said as he turned around.
"I— uh... not that I want to complain but... why the sudden change of mood?" You slowly asked, still a bit shocked as the man just laughed.

"To be honest, I don't really like that Takayuki guy...
Agh I mean, the payment he offered me was incredibly!" He grinned before speaking up once again. "But you know, I don't want to kill people like you. You don't seem to be bad or something" Itto said what left you and Kazuha honestly a bit stunned.

After a second, you started laughing at it. Yes, you laughed. "And here I was, thinking I would have to face God in a second. Hm but I think she's nice so it wouldn't be a problem" you smiled to yourself as your companion still was on his spot, eyes wide and his expression shocked.

"Never do that again..." he muttered as you turned around to him, your laughter fading down as well.
"Do what?"

"Do never scare me like that again..."

——————————————————————————

A/N

Double update 🕺 WOHOO