C3: Coerced into Death

“Pa!! Pa!! Pa!!”

A few sounds of clapping rang through the bloody camp; signifying that the terrifying nightmare had finally come to an end!

The smell of blood in the camp was carried away by the caress of the sea breeze and began to permeate into the surrounding environment. Quite fittingly, rain began to fall from the sky onto the camp, splashing onto the faces of the trembling children. It washed the small corpses of the children lying in pools of their own blood, cleansing the blood off their bodies.

The camp began to turn muddy as the rain water and blood mixed together...

The ruthless Hunting Wolves were restrained by their Soul Pet Trainers. After the slaughter, there were exactly fifty people left, the remaining having been met with death; the Nightmare in there bodies had probably already devoured their souls. Later, their bodies would be brought to another area where the Nightmares, which had eaten their fill, would be extracted from the corpses which would then be thrown into the boundless ocean.

“Starting tomorrow, you can move independently around the island. The island contains myriads of Soul Pets which suit you, and you can choose to sign a soul pact and train on the island with them.

“In three months time, you will participate in a decisive duel. Those that finish in the top ten will be sent to another island where they will continue training their Nightmare. As for the others, hmph, you will be thrown into the ocean as shark bait!” The middle aged man pointed at the surviving children and spoke to them in a loud voice.

After speaking, the middle-aged man exposed a callous smile as he continued to speak: “Of course, you had better not neglect the Nightmare in your bodies. If you don’t quickly increase your own Soul Power, then you will end up becoming pitiful food…”

When he mentioned the Nightmares in their bodies, the faces of the children paled many times over. Each of their expressions dulled, as they were engulfed by a feelings of both helplessness and despair at being chased to the bitter end by death.

“Return to your nests. You should feel happy about surviving… it’s only a pity that tomorrow, you will once again face another death challenge! One more thing, a word of advice, don’t enter the island’s inner region; that place is a death zone for you guys!”

Without a shred of mercy, he instead sneered and the 13 foremen turned around and left. Left in their wake were the 50 corpses dripping in blood, on the camp ground.

The rain water continued to cleanse these petite corpses of blood. The surviving children could only step on their corpses to walk out of the campground and onto another location in the camp where they lived.

The lodging facilities were made up of 25 wooden houses; they could still be considered both durable and exquisite as they sat orderly next to the ocean. Thus it could be said that the environment wasn’t bad.

Of course, the reason why the surroundings weren’t bad wasn’t because those cold-hearted people wanted to give the children a good lodging accommodation. Instead, this island was meant as a long term Nightmare training camp. When this batch of children either died or left, other children would be sent here and their tears and blood would reappear.

Chu Mu’s back was already split open and returning to his own wooden house was clearly very strenuous.

Once he opened his door, Chu Mu felt someone splash water onto his back, causing a wave of searing pain to course through his wound

Chu Mu angrily turned his around and saw Zhou Shengmo wearing a smile that caused one to loathe him when looking at it.

“What luck you have. You didn’t even die in this kind of way!” Zhou Shengmo sneered.