Update

"Catch a god? Is that even possible."

"I don't know. But I'm not going to give up."

Suddenly her head perked up, she zoned out a little bit, like she was listening to something. She looked towards the entrance of the cave.

"It seems I no longer need to talk to you, this will be the last time we talk for a while."

Suddenly footsteps echoed through the cave, and a small monster appeared. It had blue skin and was about four feet tall, stubs for horns on its forehead and its pupils were completely white. It looked at us and got down on one knee.

"Master Astaroth, I apologize for the wait, the troops have arrived."

Austy got up, and looked back at me.

"I hope that we never meet again, mortal."

As she started lumbering away, the little blue monster followed her. A grin grew on my face and I started laughing.

"Hey Austy, I just thought of my perfect revenge on Lucifer."

Austy glanced back at me.

"Ha... I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU MINE."

Austy looked forward again, ignoring me. They left, leaving me alone in the cave.

"Ha, she really is his daughter, dramatic and self-serving, just like her father. Kinda pisses me off."

I scooted away from the wall, letting me lay down, resting my head on the ground. I looked towards the blackish gray wall. I reached behind me and plucked a hair from one of my tails.

"[MOLTEN THORN]"

Heat started emitting from the hair as a red prism formed on the tip of the hair.

"So, lets see just how useful this skill is."

I pressed the hair against the wall and sparks flew off the wall and the hair made a marble sized hole.

"Didn't Austy say this place has cores in it?"

I pressed the hair harder and started carving into the wall until suddenly a soft blue glow appeared. A small monster core, probably from a slime. I tossed the hair, the red prism instantly vanished as well as the heat and hardness. I placed my hand on the core and felt a rush of energy.

"Wow. Its not just a few cores in there, its hundreds of thousands of cores lacing over each other into one giant core! That huge core the merchant had is nothing compared to this, if this thing was a monster, it could easily kill me with a flick of a finger... BUT NOW ITS MINE."

"The core cracked and steam filled with hundreds of different colors came out. I opened my mouth, and let the mana flow as I slowly drained the giant core. A few minutes passed and the steam was still going. Even the huge core the merchant had only took a few seconds, this is crazy!"

{TWO HOURS LATER}

Finally, the last of the steam came out, and the core turned gray, covered in cracks. And then, unlike all the other cores I've seen, it shattered, turning into a fine gray dust.

"Status."

NAME: REATH

SPECIES: GHOST FOX

GENDER: MALE

TITLES: [FRIEND OF THE DEVIL] [WRATH] [MERCILESS] [MARKSMAN] [HERO KILLER] [SAVIOR] [BAD OMEN] [MAD MAN] [THIEF]

LVl: 0/70

SOULS COLLECTED: 0/50

Hp: 469/469

ATTACK: 135

ENDURANCE: 182

MANA: 623/623

AGILITY: 902

INTELLIGENCE: 80

SKILLS: [FOX THORN LvlMAX] [FOX LANGUAGE] [INFINITE MANA CAPACITY] [BITE LVl6] [MANA RECOVERY LVl6] [STEALTH LVl2] [TRACKING LVl3] [WHISPER SPEECH LVl2] [MARKSMANSHIP LVl4] [HAIR RECOVERY LVl3] [STORAGE] [SLASH LVl6] [EXTEND LVl2] [TAIL STRIKE LVl4] [HUMAN TRANSFORMATION LVlMAX] [FLASH RESISTANCE LVl1] [SHAPE SHIFT LVl2] [RED RAGE LVl2] [BESERKER LVl1] [MOLTEN THORN LVl1]

"Holy shit! My mana went up by more than four hundred!"

[SYSTEM ALERT]

"Huh?"

[DUE TO HIGH OBTAINMENT OF POWER AN UPDATE IS REQUIRED, UPDATE WILL NOW BEGIN. SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE, DEATH, MALNURISHMENT, CRIPPLING PAIN.]

"Um... no thank you?"

Suddenly overwhelming pain went through my whole body, as if boiling water was in my veins. And then, just as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

[UPDATE COMPLETE! NEW FEATURE ADDED: QUESTS]

[CURRENT QUEST: BECOME THE DEMON LORD OF WRATH]

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO VIEW YOUR SIDE QUESTS?]

"Erm... yes?"

Suddenly a screen appeared in front of me.

{SIDE QUESTS}

[FIND THE MOTHER}

[REVENGE UPON THE DEVIL]

[WOOING ASTAROTH]

[GROW STRONGER]

[SURVIVE]

"The hell? Why are these so cheesy?"

Suddenly I heard something. it sounded like someone dropped a wet sponge. I looked at the now gaping bowling ball sized hole in the wall. I heard the sound again. it sounded similar to a slime, but it sounded like it was a lot heavier, like sewage. Suddenly a monster came into view. Or at least, I think it's a monster. It was basically a slime but it was black and twitching all over. Then I realized what it was. It's something I saw in hell a few times, something even the demons wouldn't dare touch. Miasma. It must have been feeding off of the cluster of cores, now that its gone it must be pissed. Suddenly the blob of miasma rushed forward. I lifted my injured arm in an attempted to block, but it latched onto my arm, wrapping around it, going inside the gaping hole in my arm.

"AGGGHHHH!"

It was ripping open the wound, blood gushing everywhere. Then the miasma spread down to the hole in my waist and the on in my thigh. I could feel it ripping open any part of it that had healed, entering my body. Parts of fur started sprouting on my body, the miasma was sucking away my strength to the point to where I was struggling to even hold a human form. Then suddenly, it stopped trying to spread. All the pain was gone, even the wounds were completely healed. The parts of fur that sprouted out melted back into my body, but, going down from the top of my left shoulder, all the way around my left leg, dark cyan colored fur grew all over, my toes nails and fingernails on my left side had become black and were now sharpened into long claws. it was as if half my body was stuck as a spirit fox, while the other side was human and was forcing the other side to take a humanoid form. Then it hit me, I realized what happened. I heard it from the demons in hell, sometimes miasma can't devour its prey if its prey is stronger than it. I absorbed the miasma.

(authors note: hey guys! thanks so much for 20.7k views! i just have a question, I have been thinking of changing the way I write, and wanted you, the readers, to chose. this is how i'm think of changing it:

Reath: are you sure we can do it?

Astaroth: of course we can.

Reath: f*ck it, lets get the puppy!)

simply say NO in the comments if you want me to keep it the way it already is, and if you want me to change it to this way so that you can see who is talking say YES in the comments. I will check at the end of the day. whichever has the most votes is the one that stays.