Bloodshed

I was furious. My mother, the elders, the entire pack, was KILLED BY HUMANS.

"I'll kill them... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. ALL THOSE ROTTEN HUMANS WILL SOON BECOME NOTHING BUT BLOOD ON MY CLAWS."

"Reath? Are you okay?"

Erica was behind me, looking worried.

"Erica, does this place have a capital?"

"Yes, the royal capital."

"How many days would it take to get there?"

"On foot it would take 4 days."

"Then let's get started."

"Wait, really? We're going to the royal capital?"

"Yeah, but this isn't a vacation, this is a matter of revenge. What's the quickest way to earn the kingdoms trust?"

"Probably by joining the royal guard or marrying into nobility."

"What's the simplest way to get into the royal guard?"

"Probably by going to the royal academy, but only those with royal blood or the blessing of a god can go there. And... erm... don't take offense but... only those who are fifteen years or younger can attend."

I gave her a blank stare.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, uh... you're without a doubt at least twenty."

"Well, technically I'm only a little over a month old, but whatever."

"Still, they won't accept you."

"Whatever, for right now, I just want to hunt down every last one of the douche bags that did this and rip them to pieces."

We started walking through the forest, trying to find the nearest town and hitch a ride with a merchant to the royal capital. At some point, when we got to the village, we easily found a merchant who was willing to take us there for free. The wagon was made of wooden planks, around ten wooden chests were inside the wagon with us, the merchant holding the reins of the horse.

"So, sir, what exactly are these chests full of?"

Th merchant looked back, giving me the stink eye.

"Sorry kid, all I can say is some noble order the contents of the chests."

A noble? So, then the thing he's transporting must be pretty valuable. I wonder what it is.

"Hey Erica, do you-"

Erica was sound asleep, I hadn't even realized the was leaning on my shoulder. She was really pretty when she wasn't acting like a soldier. She really reminds me of Jake when he was a kid. Suddenly the wagon stopped with a big "THUMP". I gently moved Erica off of my shoulder and looked out the wagon.

"What the f*ck is that?"

There was a twelve-foot-tall humanoid pig with green skin and a giant wooden hammer. It roared, causing Erica to wake up.

"Reath, what's making all that noise?"

I pointed at the giant green pig. Erica scrambled to her feet, a look of fear in her eyes.

"Crap, it's an orc!"

"An orc?"

"Yeah! They're super strong and usually travel in groups, its weird that this one is alone."

I got off the wagon and walked to the orc which was raising its hammer above the wagon.

"Don't worry, I'll give you a quick death."

"[TAIL STRIKE]"

All three of my tails shot forward. The first one landed in the orc's gut, the second landed on its heart, and the last one went directly into its throat.

[EXTEND LVl2]

[LEVEL UP]

[LEVEL UP]

[LEVEL UP]

"Seriously? This weak monster gives that much experience?"

"Reath, we should get moving! Orc's have a strong sense of smell, if they smell the blood of another orc, they'll coming running to it!"

"Oh really?"

I walked over to the orc's corpse and ripped its gut open, blood splattering all over me. I reached in and pulled out its core. One thing I've learned, is that most monsters have their cores in they're stomach. I then reach in and got some blood on my hands and rubbed it into my arms.

"Reath, are you f*cking crazy!? Get back in the wagon, we need to go now!"

"Nah, I'm gonna do a little grinding."

Suddenly there was a sound like a herd of cows running coming from the forest. A wicked smile appeared on my face once again, my body filling with excitement for the thrill of bloodshed. I'm still extremely angry about my mother right now, so I think it's about time I let out so steam... THROUGH BLOOD.