Closer

Jake's injuries healed quickly and by the next day,most of it was barely visible.

Y/n sat at her usual spot during the 1st period,English,the last table at the right corner.There was no fix seating for English lessons as the teacher didn't mind so students switch seats whenever they feel like.Hence,the seat mate beside y/n changes quite frequently.She didn't mind,but she did have a preference,Choi Yeonjun.Choi Yeonjun,a popular student not just in school but on social media as well as he was the captain of the dance crew.He would sit next to her some days,but mostly with Huening kai.He was a nice guy and they became friends after a few encounters,friends just friends.

The chair next to y/n dragged,making a screeching sound.She covered her ears,looking up only to face someone she didn't expect.

Jake sat down,opening his books and leaning onto the chair.

"What"

"Why are you-"

Just then Yeonjun came in.Seeing that the girl already had company,he smirked at her before sitting next to kai.

"Why?Can't I?I can sit wherever I want."

She looked away,ignoring both boys and focusing back on her work.

He saw how uninterested she was,not sparing a glance at him.He opened his mouth to speak,but no words came out.

Ethereal.Her hair tucked behind her ear,a few strands fell onto her face,tracing her face line.

She felt him staring at her and turned.Indeed she was right.His doe like eyes were deeply staring at her.

He panicked,slightly flustered,so was she.

"Come recess with us later."

Before she could reply the teacher had arrived and lesson started.

——————————

Recess time

I was alone since Soobin went with his friends and Haeri had to finish her project.When this happens ,I normally skipped recess as I didn't want people staring at me when I'm eating,wondering why am I alone.Hanging at the library or sitting at the bench near the court,these are places I would go instead.

When the bell rang,everyone rushed to the cafeteria,laughing,while I strolled in the opposite direction,tired or perhaps sad.

"How long do you plan to make me wait."

Jake said,leaning against his classroom's door.I didn't even realise he was there.

"Come recess with us later"
Is that what he meant.

I thought he was joking but it seemed otherwise.However,I felt like things might get even awkward especially since he's famous around here.

I shook my head.

"Sorry,I got some things to do.You go ahead."I politely told him.He seemed to believe me and nodded his head before leaving.

———————————

Jake's POV

"Sorry,I got some things to do.You go ahead."She said.She didn't look like she wanted to come so I didn't pester her.

Nodding my head,I went to the cafeteria.Honestly,I felt a bit bitter that she didn't want to come.

"Hyung! I thought you wanted y/n to come along."Niki snorted.

"She didn't want to."

"Why did you want to ask her anyways."

Why?

I didn't know myself.

"Whatever.Let's go,they're probably waiting."

Walking back to class after eating,I spotted y/n through the window,sitting on a bench near the field.

Lonely.She looked lonely.

"What you looking at?"Jay asked.

"Nothing."

——————————

In class,y/n was tired.She skipped recess and didn't eat anything.Lunch was still a long way,but it's not like she will eat.Her friends couldn't come with her.

Resting her head on her hand,she tried to stay awake.

Jake noticed her behaviour and felt sad for the girl.He knew her friends wasn't free so she was alone.

Time passed by quickly and it was lunch.

"Come lunch with me"

She shook her head again.

"You got to at least eat something."

He knows?

"At this rate you're gonna start dozing off during the remaining lessons."

I held onto her arm and went to the cafeteria.

Y/n POV

I was stunned at his sudden move.he seemed concerned and worried.Whenever I'm not in the mood,my friends would leave me alone.However,Jake was different.He knew I wasn't in the mood but he didn't act the way my friends did.My cheeks turned pink,flustered at his act of concern.

"Jake,I don't-"

"Hey y/n!Come join us."Jay's energetically said,being the extrovert he is.

His loud voice got the students attention.

"Woah,y/n and enhypen?"

"Who the hell is she?"

"I didn't know they were that close"

"How lucky."

Gossiping,the students whispered to one another.

I sat down awkwardly,next to Sunoo.

"Loosen up"He smiled at me.

For 5minutes,it was dead silence.No one spoke.I didn't like the atmosphere.Maybe I shouldn't have come along.

"Guys,I think I should go first."

"Nope,you ain't going anywhere missy."Jay pulled me back into my seat.

"So y/n,what do you like?"He started a conversation.

Hello!
Supposed to be studying hahaha
I spent +2hours trying to submit an application just now.Fingers crossed for the results🤞(I worked really hard on it)