footprints left behind

The rest of the week was quite terrible for me.Multiple unlucky incidents keep happening and I started to question if it was coincidence.

First,the unwanted box in my locker,my missing notebook.Then the incident in the lab.Afterwards a book nearly fell onto my head from one of the open windows at library as I walked below.The next day,someone had poured water in my bag that one of my graded research assignment was destroyed.Nearly got kicked out of class but thanks to Niki who had a picture of my research,since he took a picture of mine for "inspiration",the teacher let it slide.Weirdly,the teacher never questioned why he had a picture.

"Hyung have you seen my hoodie?"Jungwon,ran past me,towards heeseung who sat behind my seat.

"No,why?"

"I cant find it."

"The one your father bought for you?"

"Yes the blue one."

"You got to stop losing your things."

"I remember I had it!The last time was when we went to meet with the student councillors earlier.But I already went back and it's not there."

"Calm down first."

I made my way to the seat infront,settling down and getting ready for Geography lesson.

That's when I saw a dark blue cloth,peeking out of my bag that was placed on the floor.I pulled it out,wondering how it end up there and what it was.

Blue hoodie.My eyes widened.

"But hyung,it's expensive and my favourite one."

"I'll help you find it later-"

Their eyes looked towards my direction,then,to my hands.No one said a word but I knew that that was the hoodie they were referring to.Standing there dumbfounded,I didn't know whether to explain myself or return it first.

The rest of the class had their eyes on me as well.

"Did she just steal the president's favourite hoodie?"

"I didn't know she was like that."

"She probably made friends with them so she could get all the things she wants."

"A gold digger."

The students gossiped,ear to ear.

Shortly,the teacher arrived,telling the students from other classes to return back.

Jungwon walked up to me and took the hoodie from my hands.

"I trust that it wasn't you."He assured me,giving me a simple smile before leaving for his class,but I still felt uneasy...

Somewhere in the class,I could feel someone smirking.Someone is satisfied.

—————————

"Y/n can you help me do my duty today?Eunji told me not to be late cause she can help me get extra serving of pudding for dessert."Haeri asked,pointing to the equipments we had used for gym class.

"You're lucky I'm a nice person."

"You're the best!"

"Pudding,here I coooome."She yelled,running towards the cafeteria with her arms in the air.

The store room was just nearby,so I just push the cart of equipments inside.I didn't turn on the lights since I wouldn't take long but how I wish I did.

While I position the cart at its place,the door slammed shut,it clearly wasn't the wind as no wind could have locked the door.

Instead of feeling panic or surprise,I sighed.Anyways,I'm pretty sure someone will come in soon,Yuna's class was having gym class next and definitely someone has to come and collect the equipments.

This,however,just further confirmed my assumptions that someone was doing all this on purpose.Knowing practicality almost everyone in the school,I had a hunch on who it might have been.No matter how much you try to cover up,footprints are always left behind.

I took out a lip balm from my pocket,snickering.

She should have been more careful

The glossy case with a name engraved in gold,cursive font made it almost hard to miss as I found it in my bag when I had pulled out Jungwon's hoodie.

"Hello?"

Lost in my thoughts,I didn't realise that someone had opened the door.Immediately slipping the lip balm back into my pocket,I thanked the person before me.

"Y-Yeonjun?"

"Yeah,why are you here."He giggled.

"It's not funny."

"It is,you didn't even on the lights."

"Someone locked me in here."

His playful expression hardened at my last words.

"Why-,who would do it?What's their problem.Wait,don't tell me,someone's bullying you?You know I'm pretty good at fighting right.I'll punch them in the face.Like this!and then like this!Pow-"

I pursed my lips into a thin line.He stop midway,placing his hands down from his fake boxing.He looked at me and said in a more serious tone,

"You know who it is right?Mind telling me who?"

"I should go back to class."I avoided his question.I never told anyone yet,and I probably should keep it that way and perhaps deal it myself.

"Isn't it history for you?You told me you hate it,besides Mr Cho won't even realise you're gone,he's too old and basically half blind now."He mocked my history teacher,imitating his squinted eyes.

"Don't you have gym class to attend mister."

"I'm excused if you can't see."He proudly pointed at his scraped knee that he had since earlier this week as he had tried to show off his skateboarding skills.

"So..."

He pulled out a packet of chips he had hidden and opened it,taking a piece out and munching on it.

"Story time?"

Everyone,please stay safe and take care of your health.