Dejavu

I shouldn't have searched for my eyes locked with the one and only.

In the midst of the crowd,in the endless chattering,my eyes just had to bring me to yours.

There he stood,along with the others beside him.The rest had looked away or looked down,hoping that I wouldn't realise that they were there.Sunghoon had his fist clenched,giving me the pitiful look while Jake gave his signature blank stare,that unreadable expression.

However,one thing I was sure was that none of them look like they were going to help,even though they were "victims" of me.

All they had to do was to deny her,all they had to do was just say it was false.Was it that hard?

Perhaps they valued their friendship with her over ours as they were friends for a longer period of time.Perhaps they didn't want to be dragged into the situation.Perhaps...

The owner of locker no.1,yet I was never no.1 to anyone.

So much for waiting for prince in shining armour.

I just have to deal with this myself.I scoffed bitterly,as I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

Dejavu,isn't it.Just like the day where he was being beaten by Hwiyoung.This time,the roles have been reversed.I still remember clearly how I went to search for help,how I nursed and cleaned his wound.

Betrayal at its finest.Did I fall for their trap?Disappointed,but what did I expect.They had an established reputation already.

She looked at me satisfied,ready to make her next move but before she could do anything,I reached out for her shoulders and switched our positions,causing another slam.This time,it was my turn.

"Eunji!"

"Oh no!"

The crowd gasped as their hands reached out to her in sync.

I placed my hands on her shoulder,giving a soft smile.Having had enough with this game of hers,I decided to give in.That was what she wanted,humiliation.No point trying to argue anymore.

"Sorry for whatever I've done that makes you angry.I'll like to apologise but I need to clarify that I didn't have any bad intentions.If you think that way then I'll sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.I hope we cleared this misunderstanding."I slightly bowed.Her faced furrowed at the twist of the scenario.

"However,I've got 2 things for you."I continued.

"One,please stop accusing and dragging me into unnecessary friendship problems of yours.Second,you can keep them."I helped dust her shoulder.She probably knew who I was referring to as she looked even more confused as to why I had easily given up.The noise level had subsided as well,relieved as the situation was coming to an end.

I turned around and picked up my bag that was previously yanked off.

"Perhaps you would want to keep your little dogs leashed?You wouldn't want them running around and someone being accused for kidnaping them."

With my bag slung onto my shoulders,I walked through the crowd,leaving.The students made way for me,a clear path towards the exit.My eyes locked with his again,showing disdain.

————————

The crowd slowly dispersed as the students went home,still gossiping about the earlier commotion.Eunji's friends had went up to her and brought her home.

The boys had made their way to the basketball court as usual to play,and for some talking of course.

When they arrived,Jake immediately took the ball and started shooting.Every toss was full of strength but it missed the hoop,not getting a single goal.

He threw it so hard that it bounce back to him twice the speed,nearly hitting him in the face.With all that emotions bottled up,he took it out on the ball,throwing it on the ground harshly.

"Look who's being angsty."Sunghoon grumbled under his breath.

Jake had lied on the ground helplessly as the others sat next to him one by one.

"She looked so mad at us."Jay brought it up.

"Looked?She was obviously mad."Niki commented.

"You can't blame her,it was our fault."Jungwon felt guilty.

"Jake,you okay?"Heeseung asked.

"Do I look okay?"

"Yeah,he just lost his girl before they could even be together."Sunghoon scoffed.

"She's not!"Jake shouted,sitting up.

"Pfft,everyone knows already dumbass,yet you're still here denying it.If you had confessed,Eunji wouldn't cause this and I wouldn't have been threatened."Sunghoon revealed,annoyed at the situation.

"How you sure things wouldn't be this way?"Jake slumped,feeling that she just saw him as a friend.

"Cause she likes you too.I'm telling the truth."

"But what do you mean threatened?"Jungwon asked.

"She threatened to kick me out of the skating club if I continue to help those two losers."

"She did all those tricks on her right?"Niki recalled the notebook situation and wet assignment he had witnessed.

"That snake.We got to fix this."Heeseung told the others.

"And you better make things up."Sunghoon pointed at Jake.

Well,that took a turn.Going to get rid of that girl soon.

Also today is 1 year since enhypen's lineup announcement.I remember being so frustrated waiting for Mr Jigeum Buteo to quickly say the names.