Mess up,Make up

Jake's POV

I messed up.

I messed up real bad.

"At least you're aware that your egotistic."Jay snickered.

"You're definitely not helping."

"Just put your ego down and be sincere.You got to tell her your emotions man.Spill the beans,admit it and confess to her.Girls give in when guys become soft and vulnerable."

"Is that how you act and get all the girls?"Another voice joined.

"Hey!I told you I already stopped that.At least I have a girlfriend while you're still single,heeseung."Jay mocked,earning a glare from the elder.

"Anyways,try again tomorrow?In the morning."Jay patted Jake's back,cheering him up.

—————————

Y/n POV

It was the next day at my locker,early in the morning where most of the students haven't arrived.

Collecting my books, I could hear soft shuffling noises of footsteps right behind me.Just my luck.

"C-Can we talk f-for a while?"

His voice was rather timid and it sounded like a mere whisper.

"I don't think that's necessary." I faked a smile.

Honestly,it hurt,yesterday,saying the word "friends" but you cannot turn back time and take it back,what is done is done.

"I'm here to sincerely apologise."He ignored my words and continued.

"I-I'm sorry.I shouldn't have just stood there.I didn't know Eunji was like that and I didn't know what to do then cause I was conflicted.It's my fault,it's my fault and I admit it.I can't force you to forgive me but I'm really sorry not just about the incident but yesterday a-as well."

It was like broken chords,how his voice trembled and nearly cracked.There was sadness in his expression as well as desperation for forgiveness.

"Anything else?"

I turned to face him,trying my best not to show any emotion.

"W-Will you forgive me?"He avoided my gaze.

"I guess."Dryly replying,I made my way out.He was sincere and I can't possibly be mad at him for the rest of my life.

But what happened next was not what I had expected.

He pulled my arm back as I walked away,making me spin around,facing him bed falling into his arms.

The carnival

He held me tightly,not wanting to letting go.Arms wrapped around my waist,we were endearingly close.His head was placed gently on my shoulder,the crook of my neck.

I wanted to push him away but my heart yearned for his warmth.

I wanted to let go but my heart told me to hold on.

I wanted to stop this stupid feelings but my heart kept beating for you.

"Give me a a second chance."He whispered into my ear as he tightened the hug.

Before I could reply,the school bell rang,making us come back to our senses.The main hallway was already flooded with students and people were all making their way to class.

"Let's go if not we'll be late."He held my hand and pulled me along.

—————————

"Mr Sim and Ms L/N,finally here?"

Mr Min looked at his watch and looked at us who were heavily panting.We were 3 minutes late even though we practically ran all the way here.

The whole class was staring weirdly at us when Mr Min was giving us a mini lecture on why we should not be late for lessons.

That's when I looked down and realised that Jake was still holding my hand.

"Sorry Mr Min,our lockers were a distance away."Jake apologised on our behalf and dragged me to the only empty seats left,at the corner of the class before I could let go.

He finally let go of my hand as we settled down.

"Let's not waste anymore time and start lessons."Mr Min tapped the table with his stick,hushing the students.

—————————

Later that day,the rest of enhypen had came to apologise and explained themselves.Since they were the once who helped solve the problem and expel Eunji,y/n forgave them.

"S-So you forgive us?All of us?"

Jungwon stuttered as I nodded my head.

"I can't possibly be mad at you guys for the rest of my life.Besides,in the end,you guys still did the right thing.But it'll take time to regain the trust."

I took a glance at Jake as he hung his head down in shame,feeling guilty.He knew I was also referring to him.

———————————

After that day,things were going back to normal,now that she was gone.They had restored their friendship.

Almost all,Jake started being extra flirty and nice to
y/n and the rest had began to notice the subtle physical contact he tried to initiate like patting her head and putting his arm over her shoulders,but he made sure to be cautious and not make her uncomfortable.

Y/n took notice too,but chose not to say anything.She actually liked it,secretly smiling to herself.

"When will you confess to her?"Sunghoon whined as he plopped his head on the table,hopelessly looking at Jake.

"Soon,I promise."

"That's what you said last time.Y'all are back and problem's solved so stop wasting any more time.I feel like I'm more frustrated then you."

He groaned,not satisfied by his reply.

"Tomorrow.I'll do it tomorrow."

We're approaching the end!
This story will probably end by next week.In the meantime,you can check out my other story.

Check out my new Jake ff  which has similar vibes to this haha