iv. signal song

❛signal song❜

❛signal song❜

AN ANNOUNCEMENT WAS made early in the morning the next day. the first test song is 'signal song'. you thought the song was catchy and really meaningful because the lyrics were about you and i-land.

everyone thought so too because they were letting out noises of fascination.

however, the atmosphere turned solemn when we got notified that if the i-landers gets a score of 96-100, there wouldn't be any chance for the grounders to perform on stage. and we only had 7 days to get ready. plus, we had to turn in a practice video everyday for the producers.

how are we supposed to do this?

"then, let's practice." sungchul said.

we only had one ipad to use so we couldn't practice individually. just another day at the ground yk.

"we should memorize the choreography first and worry about the vocals later." you took the initiative to speak since none of the others were sure on what to do. "plus, we only have one ipad so this will be harder."

"i agree, who here can memorize the choreo and than teach it to the rest of us?" sungchul asked, he was the one holding the ipad.

"i recommend y/n, she's in charge of the choreography when we practice most of the time." shion pointed at you.

"are you okay with that, y/n-ah?" sungchul inquired as you stood up and fixed your clothes.

"yeah, sure. i want hanbin to help me though, he's good at memorizing dances." he was in a dance cover team so you expected him to be good.

hanbin looked up, surprised but nodded.

for the next 20 minutes, you and hanbin were dancing in sync. you almost had most of the moves down.

"i should learn it from them." jaebeom smiled, following after you.

and after an hour, you and hanbin had memorized the whole song but there were still parts that needed to be polished.

"how are you guys so good?" shion exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows. "you guys are definitely robots."

"we aren't." you rolled your eyes.

"were you programmed to say that too?" shion smirked.

"stop before she terminates you," sunoo laughed, pushing shion's shoulder teasingly.

you clapped your hands, "right! follow our lead, okay? ta-ki, sunoo come here beside me." everyone nodded.

you helped them get the choreography down, while singing with the song since the vocals are as important as the choreography.

───

"cutting your hand," hanbin was heard singing as the the two of us we're practicing alongside each other.

"eh?" you looked at him, surprised. everyone turned their heads towards hanbin.

sunoo who was sitting on one of the benches beside sungchul was laughing, "cutting your hands?"

hanbin wasn't that familiar with korean yet so you can completely understand. you patted his shoulders sympathetically with a teasing smile on your face.

"don't cut off your hand, hanbin-ie." shion was rolling on the floor guffawing.

"it's 'holding hands with me'." sungchul explained, keeping in his laugh.

later that night, we were instructed to film the video that will be sent to the producers. all of you were extremely nervous and anxious.

you were the second one to perform. you did the best you could, attempting to not make any mistakes while putting an extra spring in your step to make your actions look bigger. your dancing abilities were on par with the boys since you always dance to powerful choreography but even with that you still had a lot of concerns.

you just hoped this would get you a place in the i-land.

───

you were now all gathered around the desks, consoling a crying jaebeom.

"i just feel really sorry. i know all of you are trying really hard." he sobbed.

sunoo, shion and ta-ki ended up crying because of empathy and you could feel your heart breaking little by little.

you clapped your hands, "everything's gonna be okay, you did good, jaebeom-ah. if you don't get in, you just need to try even harder and show them what you're made of." you put up thumbs up.

"let's make it to i-land together." you attempted to light up their spirits which was successful because everyone was now laughing.

"y/n-noona, you're an angel," ta-ki hugged your waist, making you melt.

"sunoo, shion stop crying. it doesn't look good on you." you smiled.

"yah!" both of them exclaimed.

and as a result, everyone on the ground became closer to each other. but you were wondering what the i-landers were up to right now.