unresolved feelings ― 4.0

Wednesday morning feels like a trainwreck. You feel groggy and tired as you get out of bed, last night's memories flooding back. You sigh, noticing that your eyes are puffy as you look into the mirror. Monoma truly was an asshole. You took longer than you expected talking to Inasa, but that's all it was. He talked, apologized, and you listened. But then Camie came over, insisted on you coming to hang out with the Shiketsu campers, and you had fun.

You allowed yourself to momentarily forget the near-almost kiss you had with Monoma, and you relaxed. But once it was over, the memory of the almost kiss rushed into your head, so you found yourself at Monoma's cabin. After his hurtful words, you could barely muster enough energy to not cry as you walk away. You hold it in, fists clenched and biting down on your lip, until you've reached your cabin. To your surprise, Mina, Uraraka and Tsuyu are still awake, all of them sitting on one bed, chatting together. They pause when you step in and when they notice your tearful eyes, they spring into action.

"Y/N! What happened!?" Mina gently grabs you by your arm, bringing you to the bed. You sit down, shaking your head as you sniffle, trying to hold back the sobs that are building up in your chest.

"Y/N?" Tsuyu speaks up from your left, and you can feel Uraraka behind you, gently squeezing your shoulders.

"I thought you went to talk with Monoma. Did something happen?"

You clear your throat, laughing with a sore throat. "Yeah," you nod, a tight-lipped smile on your face. "Something sure did happen.''

''What is it?" Uraraka pipes in from behind, her tone concerned.

With a shaky sigh, you rubbed at your nose, sniffling. "Well, yesterday was a bit hectic. I...I almost kissed Monoma in the second challenge. But then we got interrupted, and I wanted to see how he felt, but he didn't say anything. It's like he was ignoring me, so I left the lake. And then Inasa came," and you sighed, shaking your head.

''I walked with Inasa, and he said he wanted to apologize for coming in between Monoma and I, because he just wanted to be friends with me. And then Camie- another Shiketsu camper- came over, and she dragged me to a small party, and I got distracted, you know?" Uraraka and Mina nod, encouraging you to continue. Tsuyu rubs circles on your back, which helps you relax.

''Ugh, I shouldn't be crying over this." You exhaled sharply, shaking your head as you made your mind. The way that Monoma treated you did hurt, but you were not going to waste any more tears on him. Who does he think he is? He's certainly not worth your tears.

"Okay, so after the party, I looked for Monoma. I went to his cabin, but then he just started talking about how I should be with Inasa instead, and he basically dismissed what happened between us-! I told him he couldn't just ignore it, but the bastard," you scoffed. "The bastard dared to say- fucking watch me. And well, that hurt a bit. I'm not sure why, but I..." You stared at the wooden floor, licking your lips.

"I think I like Monoma." And it felt like a heavy set of chains was released from your heart, and you could breathe again. Letting the words leave your lips was strangely liberating, for some reason.

"Wow..." Mina whispered at your side. Tsuyu and Uraraka were quiet, still rubbing your back and shoulders.

"I can't say I'm surprised," Tsuyu piped in. You turned to look at her, feeling your eyes puffy and probably bloodshot.

"Really? How come?" The green-haired girl tilted her head, pressing a finger against her lips.

"Well if you think about it, Monoma and you have known each other for years. And yeah, you guys didn't start off on the right foot, but you've still had each other's backs, and I've seen the way Monoma looks at you," and the sentence makes your face warm.