Chapter eight: Jaws

"THAT WAS THE CAMP NIGHTWING KILLER!" Josh exclaimed rather loudly once the ambulance was racing down the road

"That was bust!" Kate corrected, hurriedly driving the vehicle in a panicked state.

Deena stood to grab a cloth from a drawer, "maybe because it's not like the movies, okay? It's not as easy as putting bones to rest." She handed the cloth to Sam who's nose was bleeding again.

"It's should've worked. It always works!" Simon dropped his hands frustratedly into his lap. Sitting beside the blond boy, I laced one of my hands with his, keeping it on his thigh as I rubbed my thumb across his skin.

"Maybe it's her missing hand." Josh suggested.

Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter. Hey, how do I not die?" Kate shouted through from the front seats.

"We!" Simon shouted back, "how do we not die?! And I'm looking at you, witch nerd!" He pointed at Josh.

"I...I don't know." Josh stuttered, absolutely clueless.

I thought for a moment, screwing my brows a little as I stared at the floor. "He ran right past us." I muttered, thinking about the Camp Nightwing killer.

"What?" Simon looked at me with a frightened look; wide eyes, mouth slightly open and nostrils flared a little.

"I don't think he's coming for us." I looked up to see them all, with the exception of Kate, looking at me. They waited for an explanation. "They're coming for you." I looked at Sam.

"She's right." Sam agreed, slowly and sadly nodding, clearly not wanting it to be the truth.

"What?" Deena queried, unbelieved.

"I saw her again..." Sam told us, curled up against the back corner of the ambulance. "The witch. She...I disturbed her grave. She wants me." She explained.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Nightwing ran right by us." Josh looked to me, pointing between himself and I. "We jumped out of his way, it was like he didn't even see us. He went for her."

"Guys, no!" Deena exclaimed, "Ruby attacked Simon. Skull mask came after us at home. And while you guys were babysitting!" She argued, only telling the truth.

Kate suddenly pulled the ambulance to halt, making us all hit into the walls. She climbed into the back with.

"No, he didn't. Skull mask didn't care about us. Eliza was literally in the room and he didn't care." She explained as she walked over to Simon, undoing his zipped up hoodie to show his bloody white shirt. "He wanted this. Sam's blood."

"Yeah! From the crash when Sam puked period! It's jaws dude! A shark smelling blood!" Simon panted heavily. "Kate's right! When we found Skeletor, he was all sniffy and weird with my shirts like a perv in a pantie shop!"