Chapter six: Paralysed

ZIGGY TOOK US TO THE MESS HALL AND KEPT A HOLD OF ME AS SHE LOOKED AROUND FOR WHERE TO GO NEXT. She was panicking, her breathing rapid and she sounded like she was gonna breakdown.

To be fair though, I felt the same. I was upset more than anything. My mind was running wild with questions about what went wrong to make Tommy like this. Why was he trying to kill everyone?

Tommy would never try to hurt even a fly. If there was a spider in the house and my sister or I wanted it to be killed, Tom would step in and take it outside to carefully place it in the grass.

Ziggy pulled me along behind her as she rushed the two of us into the back room where the kitchen was of the Mess Hall after turning on the radio, letting music blast throughout.

Ziggy had rushed us both into the pantry but not before grabbing a knife from the drawer. The door was locked and the room seemed silent with the exception of the music that was blocking everything else out.

I panted heavily, my breath hitting her neck and blowing small parts of her red hair. She held the knife ready, tightening her grip when the door handle was being fought with by Tommy on the other side now.

My eyes screwed shut suddenly when the axe began chopping away at the door, making an entrance for Tom.

He opened the door and slowly started looking through the pantry for us with the axe held with two hands.

Ziggy quietly tiptoed out of the cupboard we had hidden in, slowly walking up behind Tommy with the knife in her hand. The music stopped. The creak of the floor under Ziggy made Tommy turn around, ready to kill.

Ziggy screamed as she penetrated Tommy's chest with the knife. He had very little reaction, his fist meeting with her face and knocking her over.

Tommy pulled the knife from his chest, pinning Ziggy against the shelves in a throat hold, choking her.

I was bolted to the spot. I couldn't move, I just watched and I curse myself for that. My eyes were almost popping out of their sockets and my heart was jumping out of my chest.

Ziggy tried to fight him, attempting to hit his head back with her hands. She reached behind her head, grabbing a potato sack and pulled it over Tommy. He fell to the floor and she tightened it, which made it form to fit him perfectly.

Ziggy's body fell back and crashed into me, bringing me back and we both fell to the floor on our asses. Tommy stood up, grabbing the axe. Ominously, he turned around to look at us, the sack staying on him.

I grabbed her hand, pulling her to her feet as I also scrambled to mine, dragging out the room with me in a sprint, deciding to grit my teeth through the pain.

Tommy kicked us, sending us face first into the floor. Ziggy and I lay beside each other as the older boy stood over us. "I'm sorry!" I cried out to Ziggy, the two of us trying to crawl away.

Tommy held the axe above his head. A grunt came from behind him, and he turned around. Cindy was holding a knife that was now soaked in Tommy's blood.

She stabbed him again, and again, until his body fell beside mine with a loud thud on the stone, tiled floor.

Cindy and Ziggy hugged in relief that the killer was now dead and we were safe.

However, I didn't fell so lucky. Pushing myself up with my hands slightly, I dragged my weak body closer to my brother's dead one.

I only looked at him. I didn't touch him, I didn't move the sack. Only looked, sadly.

A sigh left my lips, my body relaxing as I allowed it to almost melt into the rest of me. I was tired and wanted to go home.

"Michelle?" Ziggy cautiously whispered. I turned my head slowly to look at her, both her and her sister looking right back at me.

"I'm so sorry, Mitch." Cindy shook her slightly, her lips quivering.

An echoing banging noise from the grate where Cindy had crawled from diverted our attention. Cindy cautiously crawled over to it, Ziggy and I staying close to each other as we watched her.

"What took you so long?" Cindy asked as Alice pulled herself out from the hole in the floor with the help of Cindy.

The two olde girls looked like crap, covered in shit, mud and blood. They fucking stunk too.

Alice looked over at Tommy's lifeless corpse and then back at Cindy. "You did it."

"We did it." Cindy corrected her. The two girls hugged but Alice soon pulled away.

"Okay, careful, okay? This thing's like a million years old." She said, referring to the bag on her hip.

"I bought that a month ago." Cindy looked rather offended which made me slightly laugh.

As the two older girls continued with their conversation, Ziggy turned to me. "Mitch, I'm really sorry about Nick. It was a mistake, and he is nowhere near as amazing as you are."

I smiled slightly, weakly. "I'm sorry for freezing up back there." I nodded my head over to the pantry.

Ziggy shrugged. "It doesn't matter. We're both okay." She pulled me in, her arms around my shoulders and mine wrapped tightly around her waist. Ziggy placed a quick, gentle kiss on my dirty cheek. The two of us shared a soft smile.

A/N: gifted with a soft moment before things go to shit again :)

Please vote/comment