Chapter eight: Ziggy's POV

Ziggy's POV

I HEARD MICHELLE'S SCREAMS AS WE RAN TOWARDS THE WOODS. I halted to a stop, looking back but, when Cindy spotted Ruby Lane following us, she grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

I didn't want to leave Michelle, but she told us to. We had no choice.

It wasn't long before the two of us approached the hanging tree in the middle of the field and we both began digging for Sarah Fier's body.

It wasn't there. Her body wasn't there. But all the Shadyside killers were and they were moving in quickly. All of them.

Cindy tried to protect me, begging for them to let me live. Her cries broke my heart completely. With my sisters life in danger, I thought about how Michelle was feeling about Tommy.

I hadn't completely considered how horrible and heart breaking it must've been for her to see her brother kill her friends and attack her.

"Just let my sister live! Just let my sister live!"

Cindy grabbed the shovel, ready to fight. "You bled on the bone. They're after you." She told me, sending chills down my spine.

Cindy ran towards Tommy, sending me running the other way. I watched her as she hit him but he hit back. I screamed, still running, as Tommy killed her. Tommy killed the girl he loved. He killed his sister and his friends.

Being too distracted by Cindy, I hadn't noticed the milkman come up in front of me until his knife had penetrated my stomach.

He threw my body to the floor, landing not far from Cindy. Tommy was still taking an axe to her body, not showing any signs of stopping. My body grew limp and I knew my time was up as the milkman stabbed me again, and the axe hit Cindy again.

Until it was over and we could rest.

|||

Or at least Cindy could, for Nick Goode had brought me back from the dead.

"What's your name? Hey, look at me, whats your name?" The doctor asked me where I lay on a stretcher.

"Ziggy." I weakly told him.

"It's Christine. Her real name, it's Christine Berman." Nick corrected, standing beside where I lay.

"Where's my...where's my sister?"

Nick looked sad and sympathetic. Like he was sorry. That's when I knew; my sister was still gone. I looked over, her body being covered with a sheet.

I slowly looked back up at Nick. "Michelle? Please...please tell me she's-"

Nick shook his head. "She was found in the Mess Hall." He told me, and I was hurt but I didn't cry or whimper. Although, I wanted to.

The girl I loved more than anything, that would do anything in the world for me and I for her, and my sister, who I'd longed for so long to get on with but didn't until it was too late, were both gone and I suddenly felt like I didn't have much to live for.

Nick.

He wasn't different. He was like everyone else. Nick didn't believe me, he thought Tommy had gone crazy.

"Nick had a destiny in this town. And you don't become sheriff talking about ghost stories."

"The witch...the town curse...for one night, Cindy believed that there was a way to end it. So I thought there was too. But I now I know...

...there is no end."