Chapter ten: Grocery Store

WE PULLED SAM BACK INTO THE CLASSROOM RIGHT BEFORE SHE FACED HER DEATH. The axe killer was there, his axe hitting into the blue classroom door just as we shut it again with Sam alive.

"What...what...what is going on?" She asked, confused as hell.

"You ain't doing this alone." I told her, as Kate locked the door. The axe was still hitting the other side.

"There's another way." Josh said. The pounding continued. "C. Berman. She's the key."

"Camp Nightwing, summer of '78. Group of campers, brutal massacre." Sam read from the article Josh had shown her.

Simon was on top of the table that had been pushed against the door, trying to keep it shut and the axe murderer out.

Josh and Sam talked about C. Berman whilst Kate and I looked for an address. "Got it! C. Berman! 9006 Brennan way." Kate exclaimed, telling the others.

Deena ran to the phone, dialling in the number that came with the address. I stood hastily from my spot on the classroom floor, rushing to the door. I climbed beside Simon on the table, putting my back against the door and I used all my body strength I had to keep the door shut, pushing against it.

The axe came the door, going right in the small gap between mine and Simon's heads. It continued to hit through, the killer seeing that as the easiest way in.

"This shit is not gonna hold!" Simon shouted out to Kate who had joined us to help.

The axe murderer's hand came through the gap in the door, grabbing Simon's hair and continued to hit his head against the door.

"Help!" I called to the others, not quite knowing what to do.

Josh ran over, slipping as he picked something up from the floor. He climbed on the table beside me, leaning over me and stabbing the hand with a compass.

I pulled Simon away from the door, the pounding carrying on as we went back to forcing the door to stay shut. We began piling up stools against the door, doing anything we could think of to help ourselves and earn us some time.

"The fucking rhyme!" Deena called out as Simon pointed some type of machine at the door.

"She'll take your blood, she'll take your head! She'll follow you-" he recited, looking back at the two girls with his brown boots pushed against the door.

"Until you're dead!" Sam and Deena both finished for him, looking at one another.

|||

Simon slammed the door to the ambulance shut once we were all inside after clambering out the classroom window and running to where the vehicle was parked.

"Let's Timothy this bitch!" Simon exclaimed, referring to his brother and Sam.

Hurriedly and panicked, we drove the ambulance to the grocery shop where Simon worked, raiding the pills from the pharmacy section.

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance." Simon began explaining as brought the drugs through to the counter top.

"He was dead for two minutes." The blond continued. "But..." he looked between us all, pointing. He hit the counter in a drum roll. "We got him back!"

"Kate." Deena looked to Kate who wore a pink jacket over top of a white top. "It's time for your close-up."

Kate poured out the different pills on the counter top, sorting them into multiple different piles.

"You need to take these in order." Simon started whilst Kate continued, "pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn."

"Pile two is gonna bring your core temp wayyy down. You may feel slightly sick." Simon continued as Sam nodded along. "You need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay? Pile three brings you down and out, but you have to take that 'take five' or it's all gonna go to shit!"

"How many of these do we have?" I asked about the EpiPens, picking some up.

"Tone. Like a thousand."

"Wait. EpiPens?" Deena queried, looking to Simon.

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Simon shouted, getting worked up and hyper-active.

Step two of the plan was taking place. Simon drew on my chest over top of the black shirt with Sam's blood and his fingers. I then did the same but on his bare chest that showed.

"Hey," he held my face with his palm. "It's gonna be fine."

"Are telling me or yourself that?" I asked him quietly.

Simon thought for a moment. "Both?" He said but it sounded more like a question.

I ran my hands up his chest and onto his shoulders, moving my face closer to his. "We're gonna be fine." I whispered against his lips before he pulled me in by the waist, connecting our lips.

Sam and Kate joined the two of us, Sam wrapping some cloth around her hand again. I remembered the bandage on my hand, looking down and seeing it soaked through with blood.

"Remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me?" Sam asked, trying to lighten the mood with a short laugh. "You don't have to do this. You can leave."

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate turned the question on Sam. "We're ending this together."

Simon placed a hand on Sam's shoulder. "Die well, my friend." He then walked back, pointing to Josh. "We got back door duty."

I pulled Sam's hand up a little, stopping it in front of her tummy, holding it with mine. I rubbed my thumb across the back of her hand. A nod was all I sent her, getting one back from her that told me she got what I was saying.

"Hey!" Kate called after Josh, making him stop and she held his face and pushed a sudden kiss against his lips. I watched with a pair of wide eyes that I shared with Simon. "I'll run interference up here." Kate then said, heading down some isles.

"I've got the isles down that way." I nodded to the opposite end of the shop to Kate before heading on my way. Simon nodded to me, getting one back before I carried on.

A/N: I have like one more part to write and then I'm onto the second film!

I haven't decided whether I'm gonna kill off Simon or not. If I do, my OC also dies, if I don't then they both live happily ever after. 🤷‍♀️