Garrett Shimmer, The Mandalorian Bodyguard

Well, it's certainly been a long time since I've shown a drawing here on this particular book. I've been posting a lot of my personal drawings on my Deviant Art account. Anyway this particular drawing is for Derekjaime2. In this particular story that he has recently written, it is called The Daughters of Grievous. It's a Star Wars/My Little Pony: Equestria Girls crossover taking place during, you guessed it, The Clone Wars. In this story, The Mane 7 join General Grievous after the Clone Wars ambushes Earth, killing everyone. The girls blame the Jedi and The Clone Troopers for causing the deaths of their friends and families, and they feel it is the logical choice to join Grievous and the Confederacy/Separatists. During this time, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer meet with the Republic and the Jedi, volunteering to become ambassadors of Equestria for the Galactic Senate. The Jedi Council understand that despite Princess Twilight's best intentions, she will still make enemies and many will attempt to assassinate not unlike many enemies who have attempted to assassinate Padme. So the Jedi bring a young Mandalorian over to protect Princess Twilight Sparkle. The young Mandalorian in question is named Phoenix. This is his official design.

Ever since I got Disney+, I've become a huge fan of The Mandalorian

Ever since I got Disney+, I've become a huge fan of The Mandalorian. The show has motivated me to watch The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, which makes for great payoff. So I asked Derek if I could include my character Garrett Shimmer and he was like, sure. I've never really drawn a Mandalorian bounty hunter before, so this is actually my first time. I'd say I did a pretty decent job making Phoenix stand out from Din Djarin, Bo Katan, and Boba Fett. The reason I gave him colors such as orange and different shades of red is because they are fiery colors, just like a Phoenix. Plus it is a subtle hint that this Mandalorian bodyguard is more than meets the eye. You'll also notice that the lens in the Mandalorian helmet is a dark shade of blue. I used a very dark blue Sharpie pen for that. The reason I went with the title Phoenix is because it's a metaphor for how Garrett became reborn once he joined the Mandalorian Pact like a Phoenix being reborn. Speaking of Garrett, it only makes sense to show him what he looks like when he's not in that stuffy helmet of his.

I basically gave him a buzz cut reminiscent of when Sabine did the same thing at the end of Star Wars Rebels

I basically gave him a buzz cut reminiscent of when Sabine did the same thing at the end of Star Wars Rebels. It would make sense that Garrett would ditch the hair since he doesn't really need to, due to the fact that he's always wearing a helmet, and the stubble is also due to the fact that he doesn't always take off the helmet. It has been a long time since I drew Garrett's face to sort of resemble Andrew Garfield. I guess he is a little bit off model. Anyway, this is for you Derek. I certainly can't wait until this Mandalorian bodyguard makes his debut in your fanfiction. May the Force be with you. This is the way.