Look at me

Author's Note:

Hello my loves~ Welcome back to another chapter of Bright Night. I hope you guys enjoy this one too. I'm currently on a short break so I hope I can update this story more often for you guys. 

Without further ado. Here's Bright Night Chapter 17: Look at me. Enjoyyy~

~~~

I looked at everyone around me, and saw the desperate pleas in their eyes, including Gem's.

With Gem looking at me for help, how could I say no! So with a sigh, I said "Fine! But don't blame me if the photos don't look the best!"

Everyone had a big smile on their faces, including Thea and Wil. Sat looking more relieved. Bright? He just looks excited for some reason.

"You got it! Everyone start working! Someone do Ashley's hair and makeup!" Sat started shouting orders to the staff.

I on the other hand got dragged by some people, forcing me to sit down on the makeup chair. Wil appeared beside me and started doing my makeup. I stopped him.

"What are you doing? Let the makeup artist do his thing!" I told Wil.

"Bitch! I ain't letting anyone do your makeup but me! I know you better so I know how to make you look the prettiest in the world." Wil sassed at me.

"They are the pros Wil." I told him flatly.

Wil snap sassed me. "Girl~ I'm a pro too. Let me show you my skills." He said as he shooed the makeup artist away. He let the hair stylist stay though.

Knowing that he was not going to give up, the makeup artist let him do my makeup but stayed to supervise.

When Wil and the hair stylist were done, I was surprised to see how it turned out.

Wil gave me a natural complexion for my foundation, with a light contour around my face. He gave me a brown smoky eye makeup, paired with a nude lip.

The hair stylist gave me a sleek back hair. She had placed several neon green hairpins to secure the hair away from my face.

Needless to say, I looked different and I liked it. I felt comfortable with how I look, yet I felt more confident.

I looked back towards them and Wil. "I love it! Thank you!"

I was then ushered to the changing rooms to dress into the outfit that Sanoh was wearing. I was very nervous as I was not sure if I can fit into the clothes that fitted her small frame.

Thankfully, the clothes were adjustable and I was able to squeeze into the clothes.

They placed me into a half and half neon green and black cargo joggers paired with a black sleeveless cropped top with a buckle in-front.

I liked how the outfit turned out to be but my earlier confidence simmered down. I was not one for wearing sleeveless clothes. I always wore baggy clothes and would almost never show my arms and abdomen.

Once I've finished, I went out while hugging myself.

My friends met me as I entered the studio, all with frowns plastered on their faces.

"Sis~ you look gorgeous but what's with all the self-hugging?" Wil said, tugging my arms away.

I slapped his hand away. "I can't help it! You know I don't wear these types of clothes." I told him as I re-hugged myself.

That did not stop Wil though, and we continued our banter.

Somewhere between my struggle to cover myself and Wil's incessant need to remove my arms, Thea slipped away from the group and returned with something in her hands.