Car Ride

At around 6 pm, fans poured out of the venue and Wil can't stop blabbering about how lucky I was. That I did well and that we looked cute together. He also pestered me to give him a flower from the bouquet. I gave him a flower since I owed him a big thanks for the experience.

We then went to a nearby cafe to eat. There were a lot of people in the cafe. I recognized most of them to be Bright's fans. Thankfully, we were able to find a seat by the window. Wil ordered pasta and a mocha frappe, while I got a sandwich and a matcha latte.

As we were eating, I glanced at my phone to check the time and saw that it was past 7 pm. I decided it was time to go, so I said my thanks and goodbye to Wil and rushed out of the cafe with my drink in hand.

I was waiting in front of the cafe for my booked ride to *** hotel. I checked the driver's location while pacing back and forth when I bumped into someone, spilling my drink on him and causing his hat to fall off.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so so sorry. I was not looking." I said while wiping my drink off of his shirt.

"It's okay. I was not looking as well." He said. I thought that his voice was familiar but I was too busy drying his shirt.

"No no. I'm still sorry. Ugh! I'm so clumsy." I bent down to pick his hat up when suddenly I heard screams from inside the cafe which caught both our attention.

The people inside were chattering like crazy. Some were pointing at us with their eyes and mouth wide. I found their reactions weird so I looked at the stranger beside me only to see Bright in front of me. My eyes grew large and I tried to hide my frown as I thought, "Gosh. I spilled my drink on bright! Stupidddd!"

I was about to say sorry again when I saw big movements on my peripheral. The fans in the cafe were scrambling out to meet their idol. I looked at him and he had a look of panic in his eyes.

Very timely my ride arrived, so I pulled him into the car with me and told the driver to leave. I looked back and saw the fans just came out of the cafe. A second too late, we have been mobbed.

"I'm really sorry about that. If I hadn't spilled the drink on you, they wouldn't find out who you were." I told him as I face-palmed myself.

"No really, it's fine. You saved me from getting surrounded anyway." He chuckled.

"Why are you alone? Where's your manager and crew? I'll bring you there." I frantically asked him in one breath.

"We are spending the night at *** Hotel. I told them that I wanted to roam around a bit and grab a coffee so I told them to head to the hotel without me." He explained.

"Oh. I ruined it didn't I?" I looked at him, feeling guilty because of what happened.

"Nah, it's totally fine. I was able to look at some places. I was there to grab a drink before I go back to the hotel." He said as he smiled nicely at me.

"As an apology, you don't have to pay for the ride. We are heading to the same place anyway." I told him. I turned my face towards the window and continued to mentally beat myself up for being stupid.

I stopped my mental scolding when I realized that he was looking at me. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed as he was thinking about something. I looked around slightly confused.

"Are you alright?" I asked him. And as if a light went off in his head, he smiled brightly and pointed at me.

"You were the girl who sang with me onstage, Ashley right?" I blushed and slowly nodded. I internally screamed with the thought of him remembering my name. "You sang really well, do you do gigs or stuff like that?"

"I sing sometimes at church, but most of the time I play the keyboard." Trying to divert the topic and to keep my embarrassment, I asked him a question. "I saw on your Instagram that you like Korean indie and R&B songs." he nodded. "Who's your favorite?"

"Dean and Sam Kim would be at the top of the list. I also like slchld, offonoff, DPR, 92914. I like a lot of Korean artists."

"Wow..." was the only thing I could utter.

He laughed and asked, "Why wow?" the corner of his eyes crinkled.

I shook my head and said, "It's nothing, I just didn't think that you would know some of those artists. They're not that famous, but their music is nice."

I took my phone from my pocket and showed him a playlist in Spotify that I always listen to that I thought he might like. "I've been wanting to share that with you. I thought you might like it since our music tastes are similar."

He scanned the code before checking some of my Spotify playlists. With permission of course. He scrolled down until he saw the playlist entitled 'Bright's'. He showed me the playlist and asked about it.

I removed my eyes from the passing buildings and looked at the playlist. I blushed furiously and looked down to hide my face as I explained. "Those are songs that I thought you would like, I was going to DM it to you on Instagram once it was completed." he scanned the playlist as I spoke. "I also sent you the previous playlist but you did not see it. I guess it was buried by messages from other fans." I said, rubbing the back of my neck, feeling shy.

He took his phone out and handed it to me with the Instagram app opened. I looked at him with confused eyes, not knowing what to do with his phone.

"What's your Instagram username?" he said as he handed me his phone again.

I took it and typed my username in the search bar. When my account popped out, I clicked on it and returned his phone. "What for?"

He tapped on his phone a few times and my phone dinged with a notification. I looked over my phone that was in his hands and he showed me that he followed me on Instagram. Surprised, I looked up at him curiously.

A low chuckle rolled out of his chest at my shocked state. "So I would know when you send me my playlist." then he returned my phone to me.

Still in shock, I did not notice the car stopping. The driver's voice brought me back to reality and I quickly grabbed my stuff and went out. Bright went out of the car and I thanked the driver before closing my door and he zoomed off.

Without speaking, we both moved toward the hotel's entrance. We both checked in and got our key cards.

After the check-in, I noticed that the hotel's Starbucks was still open. Remembering that he was not able to buy a drink because of me, I tapped his shoulder and pointed at the cafe. "Can I buy you your coffee? I owe you one." I asked with a sorry tone.

He chuckled and nodded. Then we were on our way to Starbucks.