Arrivals & Departures

Author's Note:

Hello again! I've been stressing out on school works and is swamped as hell, which is why I updated a bit late today. I kind of forgot hehe... (please don't kill me. T.T). But despite my stress, I feel joy in seeing you guys read and like this story that I am making.

I have a small request if you guys will grant me this. I didn't really want to impose but please share this story with your friends and vote on it. (If you already did, thank you so so so much!)

Anyways~ here's chapter 11 for you my lovely readers. Do tell me what you guys think about my story and how you guys are doing and feeling during the pandemic. My inbox is open for y'all! Hugs and kisses!

~~

We got to the airport with just enough time to check-in and get our boarding passes from the counters. After showing them our passport and our flight details, they took our cases and gave us our passes and directed us to towards the boarding gates.

We arrived at the gate and found some empty seats. I dropped my backpack on the chair while the others immediately plopped down. Thea pulled out her phone and took some photos and videos. I smiled at the camera when she points it at us.

On the other hand, Wil was zoning out and Gem had her eyes close in an attempt to nap. I too was feeling tired so I wanted to grab some coffee. A little caffeine is needed to boost my energy.

I looked at the boarding time printed on our ticket. 7:20 AM. I glanced at my phone to check the time. It was only 7. "I still have time to get coffee".

"Hey guys, I'm going to search for coffee. Want to come?" I asked, glancing at the three of them.

Wilrince looked at me after he snapped out of it. "I'll stay. I'll just admire the view." I was confused for a minute. "What view was he talking about?" I checked at the spot he was staring at earlier and saw that there was a good-looking guy. "So that is why he was zoning out. Haha!" and I released a quick chuckle.

"Gem? Thea? How about the both of you?" I questioned the two of them.

"I'll go with you! I'll get some hot milk to drink!" She said excitedly as she stood and skipped towards me.

Gem opened her eyes and looked at us with red-rimmed eyes. She looked like a zombie. Thea and I winced at Gem's state. "Why do you look like a zombie!?" Thea asked her with wide eyes and a teeny tiny bit of worry.

"I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I was worried about the shoot. Can you buy me some coffee? Black and strong please." She pleaded with a weak voice.

We both nodded at her request. "Okay. Go and nap, we'll get you your coffee." I said to her.

"Thanks." She uttered and went back to sleep.

My eyes roamed the space around me, scanning for a café and Thea did the same. I felt her pat my shoulders and pointed at the café.

We went our way and I was thankful that there was no line at the counter. Thea went first and ordered her milk and proceeded to pay and move to the pick-up area.

I ordered a large iced latte for myself and a cup of brewed coffee for Gem. I thanked the cashier after paying and went to get the coffees I ordered.

Once we got everything we ordered. We went back to our friends, just in time for when the boarding gates were about to open. I gave Gem her coffee and grabbed my backpack from beside her.