Travelling & Photographs

Two months have passed since my encounter with Bright. We occasionally kept in touch through Instagram, exchanging a few 'What's up?' and 'How are you doing?' before one of us goes offline. He would leave to do his job or I would be busy with school works and grad preps. When our schedules do permit it, we are able to exchange a bit more words than the prior.

As promised, I did send him the completed 'Bright's' playlist and eventually we made it collaborative to make it easier for us to exchange song and artist recommendations.

Of course, all our exchanges did not go unnoticed by the girls and most especially Wil. He would always be the first in line to know the details. If I try to hide the details from him, he would not stop until he annoys it out of me.

Bright aside, the four of us are finally out of college! Last week we was

In addition, for the past few months, the four of us decided on the itinerary for our celebratory trip. Afterwards, we booked our flights and accommodations based on our itinerary.

Today is finally the start of our trip and our first stop is Bali, Indonesia. We rented a modern house that is nestled between trees on the side of the mountain with an infinity pool that is over-looking the beautiful forest scenery.

We stayed there for three days and spent the days on visiting famous tourist spots, including statues and temples. We hopped around the beautiful coastlines and beaches of Bali, making sure to visit every last one of them. And the icing on the cake was gorging on local delicacies, both exotic and non-exotic ones, and enjoying every food that we were able to fit into our bellies each meal that we had.

The four of us were able to take a lot of pictures together because there were a lot of beautiful places to take them. The others took their sweet time to take a nice solo shot to post in their individual accounts.

Althea and Wil took turns to pose and smile for the camera. Confidence and poise oozing out of them as they executed different poses and expressions as Gem took the photos.

As I watched them take flawless pictures, I felt a tinge of envy for their confidence that I have always been lacking. Being too shy and conscious, I was not able to take good photos except for some lucky shots.

Unfortunately, I was not able to overcome this problem and I eventually drifted to taking photos for my friends. I liked it better when I was the one holding the camera and taking pictures. I was more comfortable with it.

Once in a while, I would take over the camera to let Gem rest. Other times, she would hand me the camera so I could take some photos of her.

On our last night, Gem showed us all the photos that she took for us. Thinking that all I had to see were group photos, I was surprised when she showed me a series of photos with me in it. I did not look weird or awkward in them. I just looked happy and pleased.

It was that time when we saw a large group of tourists by the beach jamming and dancing. They invited us to join them and have fun with them. With Wil and Althea being the outgoing and friendly ones, they were the ones who pulled Gem and I to join the group.

Eventually Wil and Althea joined the dancing as I stayed seated on the sand clapping and laughing at the two of them. It was during this time when Gem took the photos and I did not notice it.

To say that I loved the photos were an understatement. I never thought that I would be able to have such beautiful pictures of me.

Overfilled with happiness, I gave Gem a big, tight bear hug to thank her. I also gave her several kisses on her cheeks which made her push me away.