C H A P T E R 8

Jongin|

"She hasn't been eating well these past few days."

"We did everything to get her out of her room, but—"

"she wouldn't let us in, kai."

tears suddenly fell down on my cheeks as i stared at the door and rest my forehead against it.

i know when you're a man, you shouldn't cry, right?

because they say, a man who cries is weak.

maybe it's true. jennie is my weakness after all.

but i can't help it. this is not what i want to happen.

this is not the jennie i want to see.  "jennie, please come out. please."

it was a plea, a beg and i was desperate as memories of her a years ago came back on my mind.

the person i tried to build for the past few years? she breaks into pieces again,

for the second time.

lisa thought she made the right decision to let jennie go. because she thinks that jennie still loves me, that i can make her happier.

but there she was mistaken.

because no matter how many times lisa seeks for what is right,

lisa's the only one who can make her happy.

she is the only one she will love, with all her heart.

and i already accept my faith when i court her that day.

"i wish i can understand why lisa have to let her go, jisoo." i cried, my arms shaking.

"i wish i can understand why she wants to let me have her when it's clear that jennie wants to end our relationship because she can't lose her."

with tears, jisoo caressed my back as chaeyoung finds the key.

"lisa thinks that when she died, it'll lessen jennie's pain if she decides to let her go." jisoo muttered.

i stared at her as she took in a ragged breath before smiling painfully with a stray tear rolling down her cheek,

"lisa cried into my arms, jongin. she was afraid to die. and you know what's the reason? because of jennie. she wants to spend the rest of her life with her, but if this is her faith, jongin. we can't do anything about that."

"why does it have to go this way?" my voice shook and broke.

i can't do it. i cannot accept that this is the destiny for the two of them.

if only i wasn't one of the reason why lisa did this.

if on the day lisa was rushed to the hospital, i should have ended my relationship with jennie.

even if it hurts, i have to accept that jennie has never been mine.

maybe if i did that, it wouldn’t end like this.

you left her thinking she'll do great without you, lisa.

I hope you left her with me when she's still the happiest, when she still loves me.

but that's not what happened.

you left her crushed, lisa.

you left her crying for you.