Five (M)

Jisoo pulled up to Roseanne's small apartment and wondered how she would say goodbye when all she wanted was to keep the woman close. She helped the blonde carry her bags upstairs and soon after they found themselves awkwardly standing at the door.

"Thanks for everything, the weekend was amazing," Roseanne smiled sadly when it finally hit her that it had come to an end.

"Thanks for being there," Jisoo moved in to hug her and felt the blonde hold on.

When the hug finally broke Roseanne looked into Jisoo's eyes and whispered her next words, "Can I kiss you?"

Jisoo's body went rigid but didn't resist when she was pulled down and the soft lips sought out her own. The kiss was soft, a promise of what could be and a farewell for if it didn't happen. When they finally pulled apart Jisoo stared into the hazel eyes and found hope that things would work out the way they were supposed to. Roseanne decided right there that she would do whatever it took to be the one who could kiss Jisoo goodnight.

Their hearts ached when Jisoo walked away and the growing distance only increased the pain. Jisoo drove as fast as she could, knowing that the more distance she put between them the less the chances were that she would turn around. If only she knew the pain that lay ahead of her when she was to open the door to her home that night.

The Jeep came to a halt in front of the large house and Jisoo saw Dalgom and Poki desperately trying to get into the house.

"Stop that!" she shouted and opened the door, only to be pushed by the animals that sprinted down the hall.

A feeling of dread overcame her and she quickly followed the four legged creatures. Her father's body was pale and she ran to his side, shouting as she did. She immediately started CPR and dialled an ambulance with shaky fingers. There was no one around to help and her desperate pleas for help was drowned out of the solidarity of their home. Tears ran down her cheeks and she didn't cease her actions until an ambulance arrived an hour later. She barely heard the paramedic announce her father deceased and her vision blurred around the white sheet that covered his limp body when they wheeled him out of the house. Another paramedic took her phone when it kept ringing and Jisoo was too dazed to answer. The next thing she knew she was lying in a hospital bed and Hayden and Roseanne stood beside the bed, their eyes brimming with unshed tears.

**********

The week passed quickly and Jisoo was left in a daze, Hayden took off from work and he and Roseanne stayed with Jisoo. Blurry, brown eyes stared at the large stone church, the rain pounding down on her head and body. She barely noticed the rain or the cold, she was numb. Roseanne gently took her arm and led the wet woman inside where she and Hayden took seats on either side of her. She stared ahead of her, not hearing anything that the preacher said or the condolences that so many people offered her.

Her normally sparkling eyes were dull and her face was pale and sunken. She had no more tears to cry and simply nodded when the preacher presented her father's ashes to her. Roseanne looked at the broken woman and heard Hajoon's words echo through her mind again. She could heal Jisoo, she knew she could but she was so torn. What she had with Hayden was good and he presented a future, but Jisoo made her feel in a way she had never before. She stood next to the dazed woman and saw an older version of Jisoo approach them, suddenly her heart sank when she saw Hayden hurry to Jisoo's side.

"Jisoo?" the woman whispered.

Unfocused brown eyes looked at the face and the last colour she had paled.