Four

The night came quickly and Jisoo was sitting on the porch waiting for Roseanne to come out of her room. They were headed to one of the nearby wineries for dinner and Jisoo dressed smart-casual in her dark jeans and purple dress shirt. She found herself imagining what would have happened if this was a date and Jisoo had the chance to truly sweep Roseanne off her feet. Before she got too caught up in the fantasy she quickly shook the thoughts away and told herself that she was just spending the night with a friend. This little speech worked until Roseanne stepped from the house and Jisoo's jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

She was dressed smartly in a black cocktail dress that came inches above her knees and showed off her lean legs. The dress was strapless and showed of Roseanne's large breasts, black high heeled pumps completed her look. Her blonde hair was wavy and fell around her face, framing it beautifully, Jisoo had to mentally slap herself to keep from staring.

"Wow," was all Jisoo managed to mumble, her vocabulary suddenly lost.

"Thanks, you look good yourself," Roseanne said with a blush.

"Uh... Thanks. You really look, wow, just wow," Jisoo said and blushed at her lack of ability to form proper words.

Roseanne kissed Jisoo's cheek as a thank you and accepted the proffered arm. For the first time in a long time she felt wanted and cherished, like she was the most beautiful woman in the world. She slipped into the passenger seat of the Audi S4 and smiled at the chivalrous behaviour that Jisoo always showed.

The drive to the farm was quick and the two women chattered away, barely leaving a moment of silence between the two on the drive. They were finally comfortable in each other's company again and the night seemed promising. Once inside the venue Jisoo made sure to stay by Roseanne's side and introduce her to everyone they came across. A young brunette approached Roseanne and looked her over with a sly smile.

"So, you must be Jisoo's date. Let me guess, just a friend because you are probably dating Hayden right? Yeah I kind of figured, Jisoo can't keep a girl because she is too obsessed with that farm and her own self gain," the brunette sniped.

Roseanne looked at her in shock, "actually Jisoo and I have been dating for a month now. I have never been this happy in my life, she is such an amazing person and she knows exactly how to make me smile."

"Wait, you are dating Jisoo Kim? You must be a real idiot just wait until she starts with her little drug habit again and becomes abusive," she retorted easily and tried to get a reaction from Roseanne, but the blonde's face remained impassive.

"She won't ever be abusive toward me, because she knows that what we share is more important than some temporary high. I am sorry to hear that you couldn't keep someone as intelligent as her interested," Roseanne smiled and walked off toward Jisoo, wondering what the girl was talking about.

"What did Nicky have to say?" Jisoo asked when Roseanne reached her.

"Apparently you have a drug habit and become abusive," Roseanne responded easily and hooked her arm around Jisoo's waist, "oh, I told her we were dating."

Jisoo laughed and looked down at Roseanne, her eyes betraying a deep sadness, "that probably pissed her off."

Roseanne started leading them outside before she spoke, "so do you have a drug habit?"

"When I met her I did, yes. But I never abused her in any way, she was the one who introduced me to drugs and when Hayden came to my rescue and sent me to rehab she started spreading those rumours to try and clear her name. I have never been able to find a girl whom she hasn't convinced about my drug habit and abusive streak, so I stopped dating entirely," Jisoo shrugged.