Eight (M)

Roseanne got up after the insistent knocking became too irritating to ignore any further. Her eyes adjusted and she looked at the sleeping figure protectively curled around her. She didn't want to leave the safe haven of those arms and wondered who would bother them so early on a Saturday morning. After pulling her robe she made her way to the door and gasped when she saw Hayden standing on the other side.

"Hi honey, sorry to wake you but I really needed to talk to you," he said through a split lip.

"There is nothing to talk about, now please leave," Roseanne responded harshly,

"Is that Jisoo's car down there?" he asked bitterly.

"Yes it is. She came by last night to see if I was okay."

"And she what? Stayed the night?" his voice was rising.

"We are over Hayden, who stays the night has got nothing to do with you."

"You were fucking my best friend?" he shouted.

"Shut up, I have neighbours," Roseanne hissed through clenched teeth.

"You are a real slut, do you know that?" he pushed passed her into the apartment, "where is that whore so I can show her who she fucked with."

Before Roseanne could respond Jisoi was standing in front of Hayden, "if you know what is good for you, you would leave right now."

"You slept with my fucking fiancé! And you dare call yourself my friend?"

"I stopped calling you my friend or myself yours yesterday when I saw you cheating on her," Jisoo voice remained calm.

Hayden grabbed Roseanne by the arm and pulled her to him, before he could even pull her against him, his hand was removed from her arm and he found himself once again suspended in mid-air by the brunette.

"If you ever touch her or come near her again, I will rip you apart with my bare hands," Jisoo hissed through clenched teeth.

"Do you love her, Jisoo?" he said in a strangled voice.

"Yes, I do and unlike you, when I say I love someone I remain true and loyal to them."

"You deserve each other," he said after Jisoo let him down and stormed out of the apartment.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked and rushed to Roseanne's side.

"I am fine," Roseanne wrapped her arms around her lover and laid her head against her chest, listening to the rapid heartbeat.

"He must have gotten you really mad, you are heart is racing."

"No, it wasn't him. My heart does that every time I am near you,"Jisoo kissed the golden head.

"Really?" big hazel eyes looked up at her.

"Yeah, and if you could hear the butterflies in my stomach I would have let you listen there too," just as Jisoo spoke her stomach growled and Roseanne started giggling.

"That sounds more like a lion than butterflies," she kissed the embarrassed woman, "let me cook for you for a change."

Jisoo sat with Roseanne as she prepared breakfast and they talked about nothing in particular. When they finished eating Roseanne dragged her off to the room and kept her in bed for the rest of the day. They made love after short intervals of sleeping in between until the sun rose the following morning.

**********

Jisoo was in court again on Monday after replacing Hayden with a new lawyer and the trial was running smoothly. The judged said that he would have a verdict within two days and Jisoo made the long trip back to the farm to spend the rest of the day checking the groves and waiting until Roseanne finished work. The previous day they had agreed to spend the week days in the city and the weekends on the farm whenever they could. Neither woman wanted to smother the other but also dreaded the hours they spent apart, so Jisoo agreed to make the trip to the farm during the day and drive back to the city at night.