Six

Jisoo untangled herself from the limbs that were flung across her body and retrieved a blanket from the nearby closet. She looked at the beautiful body sprawled on the floor and wished that things were different and she could be the one who fell asleep next to Rosie every day. But unfortunately life was the way it was and Hayden was the closest thing to family she had left.

The guilt set in and she realized that she had just betrayed him on the deepest possible level. She pulled her clothes on and walked to the kitchen where she boiled the kettle for a cup of coffee she desperately needed. Roseanne wrapped her arms around the muscled body and held on tightly.

"Hey," she mumbled and smiled into the broad back.

"Uh, hi," Jisoo whispered.

After hearing the hurt in her voice Rosie turned Jisoo around to face her, "what's wrong?"

"I just betrayed the closest person I have to family," Jisoo said on the verge of tears.

"No, Jisoo! I am in love with you and I have been falling in love with you since the day I met you. Hayden doesn't make me feel what you do, no one does," Roseanne's voice broke and she started sobbing.

"No, Rosie, you don't love me. You pity me, there is a difference. Hayden is like a brother to me and I just betrayed him," Jisoo wanted to scoop the crying woman into her arms but knew that if she did her resolve would break.

"I don't pity you! Not one fucking bit, because what happened to you happens to everyone, it is called life!" Roseanne shouted.

"I am sorry, Rosie, but I can't. Hayden loves you," her voice was barely whisper.

"Fuck you Jisoo!" Roseanne stormed from the kitchen and started throwing her belonging into her bag.

Jisoo stood there and felt her heart break worse than she ever imagined possible. Roseanne stood by the door with her bag minutes later and Jisoo was standing exactly where she had left her.

"You know what your father told me that Sunday before I left? He said that I should make sure that you didn't live without the love that you deserve. He said that he could see that my heart isn't with Hayden and that he could see that you had already given yours to me but you don't realize that!"

"WHAT? He said that to you before he died and you didn't even think to mention it to me? I could have saved him if I knew he was talking like that!" Jisoo shouted across the kitchen and Dalgom and Poki ran inside, standing next to Roseanne.

"You couldn't have, Jisoo! He wanted to die and he asked me to make sure that you find happiness!"

"You don't know a fucking thing about me or my father! I could have saved him if it weren't for you!" Jisoo shouted and heard the dogs growl when she stepped forward.

"That is so fucking typical of you! You take the blame for everything and you have always believed that you don't deserve love or happiness! If you want to die alone, then be my fucking guest!" Roseanne stormed out of the house and slammed the door shut.

Seconds later Jisoo heard the car speed down the driveway and she was left in an empty house, alone with her thoughts. She didn't sleep that night, her thoughts kept returning to the fight she and Roseanne just had and she ended up spending the night in the gym, desperately trying to forget the hurtful words.

**********

Jisoo drove to Hayden's office the next day to ask him if he would represent her in the upcoming trial. She could barely focus on anything he said and she realized that he never once mentioned Roseanne or the fight that she and Jisoo had.

"Rosie said that she will come around with me tomorrow and we can try and find the divorce papers your father filed and any other papers that might prove that she had left," Hayden said with a smile.

"She wants to help?" Jisoo asked, shocked.

"Of course she does. You became a good friend to her, Chu and she said that she would do anything to help."

Jisoo couldn't believe it, "okay."

"And I still wanted to tell you, I am planning on proposing!" Hayden beamed and Jisoo felt the last piece of her heart break.

"Wow, that's uh great news," she said as enthusiastically as she could.

"I know you're still in a lot of pain, but it will get better and it won't be a good thing to be the best woman at your best friend's wedding."

Jisoo's mouth kept opening and closing but no sound came out, so she simply nodded and admitted defeat.

"Great, now let's get this trial out of the way and then we can start a new chapter," Hayden smiled and hugged Jisoo.

Roseanne did come around as promised but the air between the two women was icy. They searched her father's study and a week later had all the papers they would need to prove that Jiyoo did not deserve a cent of the Kim money. Jisoo came across photos that her father had, had taken and it showed that her mother was having an affair. She guessed that her father confronted her mother and instead of facing the consequences she ran. Suddenly Jisoo saw herself in her mother and the thought made her sick. She was running away too, only she was doing it differently.

Jisoo didn't want to face the consequences of loving another person who could leave her so she ran and hid behind her loyalty. She was running from her love of Roseanne and she realized that it didn't matter how hard she ran, those feelings caught up every time she looked at the beautiful blonde.

It was the day after the first court hearing and Jisoo was sitting in the kitchen with Roseanne, nursing a cold beer, "Hayden proposed."

"Yeah, I know," Jisoo refused to meet Roseanne's eyes.

"I said yes," she hoped that this would be the moment that Jisoo would jump up and declare her love.

"I know that too," was the only answer she got, "congratulations."

"Thanks. Look, I am sorry for what I said. I should have told you even though I still know that you couldn't have changed what happened," Roseanne whispered and was relieved when Jisoo finally looked at her.

"Yeah, I know. It's just easier to believe that if I knew I could have done something than think that I was happy while he died. I was kissing you while he probably clutched his heart and screamed for help," tears sprung to Jisoo's eyes.

"Hey, just always remember that he wanted you to be happy. That was his reason for living, Chu. Even now, his only wish is to see you happy and he obviously believed that I would be the one to make you happy, but it is clear that you don't want it to be me and I have accepted that."

If only you knew how much I wished that was possible, "let's just forget about it."

"Whatever works for you," Roseanne said dejectedly and realized that she would never again experience the true happiness she felt in those blissful hours on the carpet.

**********

Jisoo knocked on Hayden's office door and opened without waiting for a response. Immediately she wished that she had remained waiting when she felt the anger of the scene build up within her. Hayden was fucking his secretary from behind over his desk and it took everything in Jisoo's power to not storm in and rip him apart.

"What the fuck?" she shouted to him.

"Chu, hey. It's not what it looks like," he said and scrambled to pull his pants up while the secretary ran from the office.

"You are an absolute dick! How can you do this Rosie?" Jisoo shut the door and advanced on her friend.

"What she doesn't know, doesn't hurt her," he said and backed up.

"You are an asshole, Hayden and you don't deserve her! I hope your dick rots off!" she turned around and headed for the door.