𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Sam was at work, busy reorganizing some shelves while Caleb was awake on his carpet extremely interested by a box of teabags

She heard the front door open and close before hearing quiet knocks against the wood of the garage door.

"Come in !", she called, barely catching the pot that she nearly smashed against the floor. Sam was surprised to discover Carol, standing in the doorway.

"Hello Sam" the woman began with this smile that she never seemed to lose.

"Hi Carol! I'm glad to see you, what can I do for you?" Sam asked.

"I was just coming to get some flour if it's possible, I'm planning a new round of cookies" Carol smiled as she spoke in a voice that sounded way too high pitched. Sam tried with all her might to believe her authenticity but something still seemed off.

"Of course! Here you go" Sam grabbed the flour ration from the shelf next to her and handed it to Carol before turning around to write down the stock update in the notebook.

"I was also wondering if I could drop this off," Carol added behind her back. Turning around, Sam discovered with  the revolver the woman was handing her.
"Rick forgot to bring it back at noon, he must have been too hungry" Carol chuckled as she uncertainly held the gun.

Her astonishment passed Sam reseated herself and offered her a warm smile. "No problem, I'll put it away right away".

With that she took the gun and grabbed the armory key.

Carol had also entered the room, her hands crossed in front of her. "So you work here every afternoon?" she asked, looking around innocently. Sam was noting the return of the gun on the next line to Daryl's crossbow and looked up to answer her question.

"Yes, in the morning it's Olivia who takes care of all that" Sam smiled as she encompassed the room with a wave of her hand.

But Carol hadn't noticed her head movement, and while she imagined that Sam was still focus on the notebook, she didn't see her notice her quick change of attitude.

Sam realized that her feeling was not unfounded when she saw the attentive look that Carol was directing around the armory. The scene lasted only a fraction of a second and Sam lowered her head again so as not to show her confusion.
After this short conversation, Carol had left the storeroom leaving Sam more perplexed than ever.

"Take your time, you'll choke," Sam laughed at Caleb as he swallowed the spoonful she offered him at great speed, his eyes staring at the next one before he even finished.

Once his meal was over Caleb went for a good nap as Sam began searching the shelf where the usually kept all kinds of drinks and tiptoed up to find what she was looking for.

Sam was painting in her atelier, the evening had fallen and everything was quiet around her. The only sounds came from the next door, behind which Daryl was busy on his motorcycle.