Chapter 17: Not My Rose

Xavier POV:

The women hanging off of Logan's arm is the most stunning person I have ever seen. However, she is not my Rose. My Rose would never wear a dress like that. But I know that this is my Rose. No one could ever come close to her beauty. This women is my beautiful, wonderful, Rose that I have missed with my whole heart. But she is also a women who has been dolled up in the most horrible way. Her dress leaves very little to the imagination. No one should be seeing this much of my Rose. Not only is her style different, her attitude is as well. She has a flirty smile on her face and is acting completely besotted with Loser Logan. Why? Why would she dress and act like this?

Although her dress is stunning, it is not what my Rose would have chose to wear. That mean she has either changed a lot during our time apart, or she is being forced. Neither make me happy, but the last choice leaves me fuming. I just need to carry out my plan as quickly as possible.

With that in mind, I send Mick to his station by the king and watch as my other men start getting to their places. Years of building up their respect is well worth it now. Xander, my uncle, and my mother have all recently been informed on the plan. They have been slowly, as to not be obvious to the king, gaining followers in our people and the court. Our people were not hard to sway from the King, as they all loved my brother and mother more to begin with. However, the court was a little harder to sway. I know I can trust my family to carry out the plan, and then rule once this night is over.

~~~

William makes his way over to me. He has just taken a big risk by leaking every one of his families dirty secrets. The room goes crazy with all the gossip. His family won't have any title, follows, or power for long. But once my mother is ruling alone, she will give William his title back.

"Me and Tim are off. Good luck." William, Tim, and a few of my men are going to the Witmens estate to save Liv, her son, and anything there she or my Rose would want. I have also sent men to retrieve my princess's mother, who should now be safely in a carriage on her way to a nice cottage I had built right outside the place grounds. I have left nothing out and nothing to chance tonight.

Now I just have to get my princess back into my arms.