Chapter 13: Your Usual Servant

"Her name is Liv

"Her name is Liv. I met her when my father forced me to stay with the Witmens a few years ago. We were both young, but I know our love was more real than anything these idiots have. All they care about is money and their reputations. We were going to get married, but my father found out and threatened her life, if I did not leave and stop all communications with her. Since then, I have been trying to find a way for us to be together. I know it is not safe for her with the Witmens. I have never seen them hurt any of their servants, but I wouldn't put it past them." William face was full of anger as he spoke of his past with the girl from the sketches.

"That must be where the king sent my Rose. She has been with the Witmens this whole time!" My anger starts to get the best of me and I grab the closest thing, which happens to be my lamp and through it at the wall opposite of me.

"Xavier! You have to calm down. We have to think this through and act rationally. If we act too soon, our fathers will notice and we can't let that happen." As much as I hated it, he was right. I would have to wait to get my princess, so I can make sure she will be safe. That does not mean I am going to leave her at the Witmens unprotected.

"You are right. What we..." All of a sudden my office door flies open and Mick coming rushing in. He surveys the room, and once he realizes their is no danger, lowers his weapon. "It's alright Mick. But I have a new assignment for you. It is very important and is your first priority."

"What is it, sir?" I know Mick is the only one I can trust for this.

"You are going to go and protect my Rose."

~~~

"Have you seen the new guy? He does not seem like your usual servant

"Have you seen the new guy? He does not seem like your usual servant." Liv comments as her and I mop the floors in the ballroom.

"And what makes him so different than a usual servant?" I still have not told Liv about the Logan situation. I just can not find the right time and way to say it. I have to find a way soon, because in three days Logan is sending me to what he calls a revamp camp.

The 'camp' is really just me going to the local beauty shop, so he can get ride of what he does not like about me and add what he does like. He explained it all to me yesterday, before telling me I need to stay out of his sight until I am perfect for the ball. The same ball that will take place in the room I am currently cleaning.

"Oh you know. He does not share the same look of defeat that many of the servants here have. But then again, maybe he came from a place that actually treated him as a human." Liv was right. Even though this new servant seemed like a nice man, there was something off about him. On more than one occasion I have seen him staring at Liv and I. Then, there was this one time I looked out a window and saw him running towards the woods. What could he possibly be doing there? Oh well, I have more important matters to be discussing right now with Liv. As much as I hate to do it, I have to tell her.

"Liv," She must have noticed the important of what I was saying as her head quickly flipped to me," I have something I have been meaning to tell you. Now you have to promise me no matter what you will remain calm." After I got a hesitant nod from her I continued to tell her about what is happening with Logan.

"But how can he do this! We cannot let him! We will find a way to get you out of this. Just, just..." I have never seen Liv in such a state. Her checks were red with anger and she started pacing back and fourth. Her old shoes making a squeaking sound with every step.

"It is alright Liv. This is just what I have to do. You know I would do anything for you and Oliver." I look down at the horrid diamond bracelet on my wrist. Maybe being Logan's whatever I am will not be so bad. He said I could ask for whatever I would like, so my plan is to ask for Liv, Oliver, and my mama to be moved to a house with some money to live off of. Maybe if William's parents hear that Liv is no longer a servant, they will welcome them and Liv and Oliver can be happy.

Before my thought could wander anymore, the ballroom door is opened. The new servant walks in and seems to survey the room before closing the door. He quickly walks up to us, before offering us a stiff nod.

"For you," he hands me a letter and then turns to Liv and hands her one as well. "You must not let anyone know you have these. If you have any problems at all, come to me at once."

Then, as quickly as he came, he was gone. Rushing out of the room; however, not before surveying the hallway. Maybe he is a little strange.

Once I look down at the letter, my stomach falls to the floor. I would know this handwriting anywhere. And if I did not, the words are proof enough who the letter is from. I quickly open the letter, still not believing my own eyes.

My Princess,
I have finally found you. Do not worry, I am coming for you. All these years apart, but we will soon be together. You must burn this right after you read it. No one can know that I have found you. I just had to let you know how much I love you. I know I left and you may have moved on, but I just have to let you know of my love for you, and hope you still feel the same. I cannot explain everything now, just know that I love you and have always loved you.
Forever Yours,
Xavier

"What in the world?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Chapter 13!!!
Word Count: 1078
🌹