Chapter 18: Just Not Me

Roslyn POV:

The ballroom looks beautiful. Too bad I am with the most horrid company. I can image coming to a ball would be wonderful with Liv and, although it's hard for me to admit, I have always dreamed of coming to one with Xavier.

In my dreams I would be on his arm, not Logan's. I would be wearing simple yet beautiful makeup, not this amount the ladies Logan hired forced on me. Finally, I would be wearing a stunning gown, not this dress that shows more then it covers. Not there is anything wrong with wearing lots of makeup or these type of clothing, but it is just not me. I feel so uncomfortable.

I have on a dark red dress that ends on my upper thigh. It also has a slit reaches up to my hip. It's sleeveless as well. I don't know if I should pull it up or pull it down.

"Come on. Stop staring at everything like an idiot." Logan drags me to catch up with his parents.

Looking around the room, something feels off. I've never been to a ball before, but this is not how I would expect the atmosphere to feel. The king is on the other side of the room, surrounded by a crowd. The same crowd the Witmens are trying to push their way to. But besides the king, it looks like most the guest of dwindling. More and more men and women dressed in black are coming in, but couples and families are being led out.

"What is going on?" I whisper to Logan more concerned with what is going on then my dislike with talking with him.

"I told you not to talk unless talked to. Then trend just must be black this year. Good thing I have on mostly black."

I wasn't too sure about Logan's reasoning, but he knows more about these things then me.