☮️9🙊

"This is where most of the youths around here come to hang out.” Remi says as we walk into a park. “Most of them don’t even live around here.” Dami says waving to some people as we walk in.

         “There’s a gym, a basketball court, tennis lawn, golf field, football field, swimming pool and tons of other stuff.” Remi says “And most importantly, you can play video games here.” Dami adds as we stop by the basketball court and I quickly move to sit on one of the benches while Yinka scoffs “Lazy bum.” He says and I roll my eyes.

     “Mimi I’m just there, I want to see my friend .” Remi says and I nod watching her walk off and meet a boy who’s leaning by the iron fence and judging by the way she’s doing, he’s probably more than a friend.

        “You’re not playing?” Yinka teases and I flip him off while he sticks out his tongue at me. Bringing out my book I open to the page I was and continue my grand masterpiece; note the heavy and begin to untangle my earpiece so I can get to work.

“One ear only!” Yinka yells at me and I flip him off again but still plug only one ear in and start writing occasionally looking up to watch Yinka and Dami play against some boys.

           “Nice hair.” A voice says and my hand immediately goes to touch my hair whose roots and tips have been dyed a subdued pink, before looking around and locating the voice owner who was standing behind me looking down at me from above.

        Nodding my head I drop my hand and turn to look at the boys who are engrossed in their game.

Voice owner which is what I’m calling the strange tall person moves around before sitting next to me, “ You’re new here right? I don’t think I’ve seen you around here. Or him.” He says pointing at Yinka and I nod.

        “I’m Marc. Marcel actually but everyone calls me Marc.” He says stretching his hands out at me and I shake it while I look at him.

        Marcel was young. Like early twenties really young. Had this sort of skin tone that told me he wasn’t a full Nigerian but he had lived here enough to know how the system operates, but without that his gray coloured eyes would make that clear. He was wearing a black ripped jeans and a blue nirvana tee shirt that showed the outline of his lean muscles, his brown hair was curly, framing his face,and I could see a black stud on his left ear.

       Chiseled jaws, perfect nose and high cheekbones..in other words; beautiful. Marcel was beautiful.

    Someone coughed but I didn’t bother checking who did, till the person coughed again and I realised that I knew who was coughing.

Releasing my hands from Marcel’s I turn to stare at the basketball court where Yinka is giving me a look “Are you alright? Need saving?” the look is screaming and I shake my head and he nods before turning back to his game.

       “Your older brother I guess?” Marcel asks and I nod turning back to my book “Are you done with it? I’d love to finish it.” He says and I turn to give him a questioning look, done with what? Finish what?

        “When death comes knocking on the door once again, in whatever form or shape it may take go and hide. Hide in the safest place you can find while I’ll run and welcome it. We’ll play games, dance to my funeral song, and talk about the afterlife..” he says monotonously and I give a shocked gasp, but like my laugh you’ve got to listen really well to hear it, if not to you I’d just be opening and closing my mouth.

    “What?” he asks laughing, and I glare “You invaded my privacy!” I sign very fast and then I realise that he may not understand me till he replies.