6

Elena felt someone watching her she shot up and looked around her room she turned on her bedside lamp. It wasn't like she didn't know who it was he had used to do that when she was pregnant. Usually his magic to hide him so that no one else knew he was there. But she could always sense it she had never understood why he was always hiding when he was watching over her but she knew now. And honestly she didn't know how she felt about it."I thought we were over this. I can sense you there are you ok."Kol made himself visable she stood up wrapping her arms around her body it was cold but she didn't want to lay down she wanted to make sure that he was alright."Are you ok? What happened?"

"I failed my brother found out."

Elena sighed that hurt her knowing that he thought that he failed her because Ethan found out that both twins had survived. It wasn't his fault and she hated that he thought that it was."Thats not your fault. He was going to find out eventually; that i lied. He can't blame you for it, you know and you can't take the blame. I didn't tell him i'm refusing to let him see them. meaning that its my fault not yours. You never failed at anything." She really hoped that he got wheat she was trying to say. She never knew how she felt about him but right now she was worried.

Before he could say anything he flashed out as Jenna walked in."Elena what are you doing up?" She didn't get why her niece was up and it was 2 in the morning that wasn't good for her especially since she was a young mother of two.

Elena turned to her aunt."I heard something." She couldn't tell her the truth she didn't want her aunt to worry about her. She didn't want to drag anyone, into her problems. And she would try her best not to.

"You should get some sleep Alyssa and Aaliyah will be up soon." She didn't want Elena to be cranky when the girls got up then it wouldn't be a good day for anyone.

Elena nodded, she was sort of mad that Kol had flashed out before she got the chance to make sure she was ok."Ok night aunt Jenna." She knew her aunt was right she would be pissed if she had stayed up and then the girls got up then she wouldn't be able to sleep.

"Night Elena."

Elena got back in her bed as her aunt walked out she turned off her light so her aunt wouldn't come back in. She grabbed her phone and texted Kol. Please don't do anything stupid are you ok?

She layed down hoping for a reply but she had a feeling that she wasn't going to get a reply. She knew it was going to be a long night because now she was going to spend the night worrying about him. Maybe she did like him but she didn't want to make her already complicated life moer complicated.

--
Elena got to school the next day with Hayley. she was exhausted and Hayley knew that she was and didn't get why she would still want to come to school But there wasn't much that she could do right now."You haven't slept all night?"

Elena shook her head by the time she had managed to go to sleep all she got was nightmares about losing her girls. And Kol but she wouldn't tell Hayley about that not right now at least that was something that she wanted to figure out for herself."Kol was in my room last night and he said Ethan found out,  it was his fault that he failed. I tried to tell him that it wasn't hs fault, it was mine, but then Jenna was coming:he flashed out. I texted him and i never got a reply i don't want him to get hurt."

"He's one of the first vampires he will be fine." Hayley tried to reasure her she knew two things that Kol was in love with Elena but he didn't want her to know because he was scared that she would reject him. And Elena loved him but her daughters and the fact that she had them with Kol's little brother were clouding there judgement.

"Will he?" She was worried that he wouldn't be k that somethingw as going to happen to him and that scared her the thought of never being able to see him again.

"Some people can do things without a womans influence."

Hayley and Elena turned around to see Ethan Rebekah and Arabella. Now that was the last people that they wanted to see."My brother didn't come back because he's busy protecting you i don't understand your not even worth it"

Hayley turned Elena to face her she needed Elena to listen to her. Otherwise it was going to A) be a very stressful day and B) Elena was not going to calm down until she knew that he was ok."Don't listen to them Kol is not stupid he wouldn't do anything to indanger himself."

Elena nodded her head but it wasn't helping to calm her nerves."I don't know how long he was there but he was there and then he wasn't."

Hayley knew that Kol used to do that when she was pregnant so it wasn't a surprise that he would do it again."Well i was knocked i didn't hear anything until i had to drag you out of bed this morning. He didn't say anything?"

Elena shook her head he hadn't really said nothing besides he had failed and that bothered her because he didn't. He was always there when she needed him to be even if she never returned the feelings he had for her."He said it was his fault then he heard Jenna and he flashed out."

"Are you ok?"Elena shook her head. Hayley looked around her completly ignoring the originals she spotted Caroline. They were totally skipping she wasn't letting Elena sit through a day of school if they didn't have to."Hey Blondie come here?"

Caroline walked over glarring at her she didn't trust Hayley something was up and she was dying to know."Blondie seriously. What do you want?"

"Tell the teacher were sick ok." Hayley wasn't really giving her much of an option.

"Why your not sick?" Caroline was confused on why they were about to skip class if everything was clearly ok.

Hayley smirked she knew exactly how to scare Caroline it may be against the rules but she didn't care."If i tell you i may have to kill you."

Caroline backed up the way Hayley had said it scared her."You can't kill me."

Hayley's eyes flashed amber, now that was going to terrify Caroline"You'd be surprised what i can do."

"Hayley." Elena scolded she didn't want Hayley telling the biggest snitch in Mystic Falls that the supernatural exist. Or hurting her best friend but she was more worried by the fact that her daughter was special.

Her eyes went back to normal as she blinked a couple times."Just do as i say? Please."

"How'd you do that?" Caroline was confused she was sure she was having a nervous breakdown.

"I'll tell you another day not right now. I think we should have a girls day with the kids" She grabbed Elena's arm and they went and got back in the car. They weren't staying and she wasn't giving Elena a choice.