ten

"How did she find out?" Ethan questioned his grandpa while taking a seat on the couch

"How did she find out?" Ethan questioned his grandpa while taking a seat on the couch. If it was up to him she would have never found out, but after what his grandpa said to him at the dinner he knew she would find out. Just not this soon.

"The meeting she had with her company this morning was regarding the investigation on how her account was unlocked. That's a breach of privacy. She even had to suspend her sister over it until the investigation was completed and they can conclude that she really did it as an accident." Ethan sat stuck, not realizing that any of this was going on since Arya never brought it up to him.

"I should've figured something like this would happen. She's never going to forgive me for this."

"You're going to have to find a way to get her to forgive you. You two's public relationship effects business. Besides, I don't see either of you being with anyone else. I've never seen two people fall so deeply in love with each other so quickly. That woman is your soulmate, and you're not going to let her go that easily." Ethan agreed with everything his grandpa is saying, he just doesn't know how to go about making up with Arya. He doesn't even know how to apologize for what he did.

"I know she hates me right now. What I did was childish and immature." If Ethan was being honest with himself he didn't fully understand the concept of Elite Connections which is why he went into it the way he did. If he had to be with someone for the rest of his life then he wanted to control who that person was. He was drawn to Arya the first time he laid eyes on her and knew he couldn't openly pursue her since he'd already agreed to give the matchmaking a chance.

"Go on and head home. At least see if she's willing to talk to you." Ethan agreed and made his way back to his office to wrap up and have his assistant clear the rest of his schedule for the day.

When he arrived home he didn't see Arya's car in the driveway so he figured she went to her condo instead. Going inside, he decided he'd take a shower and try to think of where to start for his apology before making his way over there. Jogging upstairs to his room he stopped in his tracks when he noticed a black envelope sitting on top of his pillow.

Opening the envelope, he pulled out a note and a check. The note read, "sorry, I'm not for sale". Flipping over the check he seen the the amount of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars written on it. He pulled out his phone and attempted to call Arya several times and each time the line went straight to voicemail. He tried again from his business line and got the same result.

• • • • •

"You want to expose him? You know all it takes is one call and I'll have your interview booked with TMZ." Danica stated after listening to Arya tell her what happened between her and Ethan. Danica knew her friend would never actually stoop to that level, especially since she valued her privacy. She just wanted her friend to know that she was ready to do anything to get back at the man that had her best friend leaving the country for space.