Sasha's Birthday Special <3

hey guys! this is just a special little chapter because it's Sasha's birthday today! :)
(this does happen but at a different point in time throughout the story, i'm just writing it now because it's her actual birthday if that makes sense)

I sat on the island, Hange's arms wrapped around me from behind as Sasha sat on the middle bar stool. Jean leaned against the frame of the kitchen as Connie anxiously stood behind Sasha, Marco standing by me recording on his phone. Mikasa walked back with a lighter, quickly lighting the candles before stepping back by Sasha.

"11:59!" Sasha squealed, her eyes darting from the cake to the clock on the oven. Her eyes sparkled as the flames flickered in the rather dark room, Mikasa fixing Sasha's ponytail for her.

The oven switched to 12:00, Sasha blowing out the candles on the poorly decorated cake as we all cheered. I opened up my phone to take a picture, pausing. "Um...I don't really know how to say this, but the time on the oven is wrong."

As I looked up from my phone, everyone's smiles fell slightly. "You're joking right?" Sasha said, looking back at the oven. "Nope. It's 11:59." I laughed, showing her my phone screen. Everyone looked around for a second, the mood completely shifting as both Connie and Jean held back a laugh. "Ok ok no worries! I'll light the candles again!" Mikasa said slightly stressed, reaching for the lighter.

Connie's hand hovered over Sasha's head, Hange pointing sternly at him before shaking their head. He hesitantly pulled back, frowning slightly. Mikasa struggled to get the lighter to work as Jean hurried over, attempting to take it from her. Mikasa's hand quickly pulled back, a flame emerging from the tip as she glared at him. "I don't need a mans help."

We all laughed as Jean crossed his arms, Mikasa quickly lighting the candles again. "It's not really working but it's something." I sighed, going to take a picture.

"Ok round two!" Marco cheered. Hange hugging my closer as it finally turned 12:00.

"Happy Birthday!" We cheered, Connie muttering "again" in the background. Mikasa smacked his head, Hange helping me remove the candles. I turned to Marco, motioning for him to come over.

"Don't you dare." followed by a splat sounded behind me, causing both Hange and I to turn back around. Sasha slowly sat up, moving her icing covered hair out of her face. She slowly licked her lips, wiping her eyes, Connie and Jean's laughter stopping abruptly out of fear.

"After I finish this delicious cake, i'm going to kill you." She said calmly, licking her fingers.

Connie slowly backed up, Jean grabbing onto the collar of his shirt as Mikasa hurried to go get some napkins. I jumped off of the counter, Hange following close behind as I handed her a paper plate, cutting a slice out of the smooshed cake and dropping it onto her plate.

Mikasa cleaned off the remaining frosting on Sasha's face, attempting to get out the remnants in her hair. "What a waste." Sasha pouted, grabbing a fork. "You don't get a piece." I scowled, ignoring Connie as I held out a plate for Jean. "I'm good..." Jean said hesitantly, pushing the plate back slightly.
"More for me then!" Sasha cheered, helping herself to another slice.

Sasha responded to some of the birthday messages she got, people already replying to the pictures and videos we had posted on our stories. Sasha played her music as Jean walked towards the pantry that held our alcohol.

"Jean." I whispered, walking over to him. "You can't get drunk yet, remember what we have planned for tonight?" I asked, tugging on his arm slightly. "Yeah but why should that mean we can't drink right now?" I rolled my eyes, shutting the cupboard before walking back towards the rest of the group. "Because it's twelve o'clock in the morning."