Chapter 14

"(y/n)." Hange said from the other end of the call, their voice deep and tired.

I felt butterflies in my stomach, humming in response to my name. "Are you awake?"

I laughed, rolling onto my stomach. "No, you hardly sound awake yourself." I smiled, twirling my hair and kicking my feet as though I was a little school girl.

Sasha pushed open my door, standing in doorway while she stared blankly at me. "Are you kidding me...?"She said plainly, pausing before turning back around.

I rolled my eyes, listening to Hange while they spoke. "Do you want me to pick you up?" They asked, making me smile. "Sasha, the boys, and I are carpooling there to make things easier." I said, getting out of bed and walking towards my closet.

"Oh, I see. Well, don't let them make you late. I'll see you there."

There was an awkward moment of silence, neither one of us quite sure what to end the call with. It had never been an issue before, although I couldn't seem to think of anything to say.

"Yeah...bye!" My finger quickly pressed the red end call button, dread pouring over me. "I'm gonna jump out of my window." I mumbled under my breath, throwing my phone onto my bed.

I grabbed a cropped tank top and some loungewear shorts, they were more like pajamas than anything else but i figured they'd be able to pass as such.

I clipped my hair up before doing a basic makeup look, doing my morning routine before walking out into the living room.

Sasha was lying on the couch, her hair in a messy - which is an understatement - bun. "Who're you trying to impress?" She teased, making me look down at what I was wearing.

"What could you possibly mean?" I laughed, giving her a confused look. "Looks like someone has a special someone to impress." She said, pressing further.

"Sasha i'm literally wearing the same thing as usual." I said, glaring at her. She slid a pack of fruit snacks into her bag, still looking amazing in her grey sweatpants and baggy shirt that she definitely wore to bed the night before.

"I guess it's just that young and in love glow." She shrugged, looking in my direction as we walked out of the apartment. I rolled my eyes, shoving her to the side as we walked towards the elevator.

Picking up the boys, specifically Jean and Connie, was a hassle.

"Jean you know everyone there, you've known them for literal years. You're not going to meet the love of your life there." I groaned, pounding on the bathroom door. 

"You met Hange!" Jean shouted from the other end of the door. Connie and Sasha laughed while Marco patted my shoulder.

"Hange- listen Jean, that's different...and a bit extreme. We have to go."

Jean laughed from the other side of the door, cracking it open. "Cat got your tongue, (y/n)?" He teased, smiling at me.

"Could you please put a shirt on so we can get going?" I asked, crossing my arms and looking in the opposite direction. "Fine." He huffed, gliding past me and into his room.

"Naturally handsome men like me don't need long to get ready." Connie smirked, crossing his arms.

"That's because you don't have any hair to style, dumbass." Jean said from the other room, making all of us laugh as Connie rolled his eyes. "And you can't even grow facial hair, so i'd really watch your mouth." He continued, Connie's face flushing.

"That's not true! I just choose not to." He huffed, walking towards the door.

"Dear god, do not grow facial hair." Sasha pleaded, clasping her hands together as she followed him towards the door.