Chapter 3

When I awoke the next morning Clark was still asleep next to me. He would never admit that he snored, it was adorable. I smiled at him as I sat up and carefully left the bed. I went to the washroom to practice my morning routine. The kitchen was empty when I left our room, Heath's room down the hall was also empty. I found a note on the counter from him, he had gone out for a jog. I made a pot of coffee and sat down in front of the large window. The view was breathtaking, treeline down to the waterfront and then nothing but ocean and blue sky. I had never seen anything like it.

I heard a loud moan come from our room, then a loud bang, "Ouch, damn it!" I stood up quickly and rushed to my mate, I found him on the floor laying on his back. "What happened?' I asked, rushing up to his side.

"I think I rolled out of bed. Ours is bigger than this one." Clark muttered, still half asleep. I set my cup down on the nightstand to reach down to him. Pulling on his arms, I helped him to his feet, "Oh honey, are you ok?"

Suddenly, Clark wrapped his arms around my back and pulled us both back onto the bed, he hovered overtop of me. He gazed down at me with a sleepy grin, "Where is Heath?"

"Out for a run." I mumbled, caught off guard by his sudden movement. Clark smiled down at me, a glimmer of mischief in his eyes, "Perfect." He started to kiss my cheek, moving down my chin and to my neck. I groaned softly, letting a smile spread across my face. His hands moved down my body, kissing lower and lower. I ran my hand through his hair slowly, I loved the way he looked at me. Clark looked up at my face, he reached up to stroke my hair, "I love you Char."

"I love you too." I whispered. His hands were like fire against my skin, taking my breath away. It felt so right there in his arms, his lips on mine, I let my insecurities melt away under his touch. We made love that morning like it was the first time. Surrendering to our bond was the greatest thing I had ever done. Afterward, I was breathing heavily and so was he. I rested my head against his chest, Clark's face buried in my hair inhaling my scent.

"That was so different." He whispered. Fear struck my heart suddenly, I looked up at him with concern. "What does that mean?" I demanded, it sounded more defensive then I meant it to.

Clark's eyes shot open to meet mine. "Oh darling, no you misunderstand me. I said it wrong," he began, "What I mean is when we first were together it was amazing. You felt amazing. You were a girl and I was a boy, we were new to everything and it was an adventure. Now though, you are a woman who knows the effect you have on my soul and body. When we are together now, I know your body and you know mine. It's more than amazing, it's earth shattering."

I was a bit confused, "So how was it different this time?" He blushed, kissing my forehead, "It was different because you don't feel like a girl anymore. You feel like home, like safety, like love and life. Maybe it's because you are the mother of my child, but you feel like heaven."

Tears started to well up in my eyes, I kissed him fiercely. "Do you mean that?" I whispered against his mouth. Clark leaned into my kiss, matching my rhythm, "Every word Charlotte." I climbed on top of his lap, running my nails down his chest. He shivered and growled into my mouth, I growled back.

"My sexy delicious wife." He whispered in a husky voice. I moved my lips to my mark on his neck and bit down, making Clark yelp. His hands roamed my back and butt, trying to touch me everywhere all at once. Slowly I took his manhood inside my body, rocking back and forth on his lap. Clark's eyes shot open, staring at me with surprise on his face. I giggled and kissed him passionately again, I was ready for round two.

By the time Heath got back from his run we were out in the living room having coffee. Clark had his arm wrapped around my shoulders when his brother came in front of us, "We need to talk."

Clark and I glanced at each other, then stared at him. "What's up?" Clark asked. I set my mug down on the coffee table to pay full attention to Heath.

"I think I found her." Heath whispered so quietly I almost missed what he said. Clark sat up straight, pulling me closer to his side. I smiled broadly, "That is wonderful! Where? When?"

Heath started pacing back and forth across the living room. He wasn't excited, instead he seemed anxious. Not responding to my question, I turned to Clark and made a face of concern.

"Heath, what happened?" Clark asked in a forceful tone. Heath slowed down a bit but he still continued to pace, "She was down by the waterfront. I was running on a path close by when I smelled vanilla. My heart started to pound when I caught it, I was so excited. I ran as fast as I could, following her scent to the waterfront. There weren't many people there because it was so early so she was easy to find."

"And?!" I asked eagerly, Clark chucked. Heath turned and stared at us with sadness in his eyes. He took a deep breath, "She is a human."