Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two: Coby No Swiping

------------------------------

Alabasta had been as hot as he had expected it to be; the climate so unbelievably hot, and the land just full of grainy sand.

Eustass Kid grumbled under his breath as he waltzed through the streets of Alabasta. His bad mood caused bystanders to part in slight fear. Or perhaps it was because he had quite a hefty bounty on his head already (nearly 200 million berries). Whatever it was, they did not seem to want anything to do with him.

"Let's just hurry up so that we can leave," Kid mumbled, pulling out your Vivre card with care. He put his thumb over your unique handwriting. He studied it all; the way you looped your letters together to form your name, down to the small little smiley faces you drew on the paper.

He neatly folded the Vivre card back up and tucked it into his pocket.

"I got some questions to ask Y/n."

Killer walked beside him, head turning to stare at all the vendors, noting the abject terror upon their faces. His gaze shifted over to his Captain, watching him as he stomped up to a food stall, and demanded for supplies. He let out a sigh, eyes scanning their surroundings.

They were docking at Alabasta in order to restock some of their supplies. It wasn't like some of their usual pillaging- killing civilians and looting -but it was fairly the same like all the rest. Killer watched as Kid grinned triumphantly as the food vendor shakily handed him bags upon bags of food.

"Ha, you're not that bad," Kid sneered. The man quivered under the pirate's gaze. "You should be thankful that I'm sparing your pathetic life. Killing everyone would be a waste of time." Time he would not rather waste.

Slinging the sack over his shoulder, Kid gestured to Killer.

"Come on Killer, let's get out of here." Killer made a move to walk by Kid's side before he paused, head turning around to stare at the newcomer.

"Eustass Kid." The newcomer spoke his name in disdain. Kid's eyes gazed hard at the man, narrowing his eyes as he noted the locks of red hair and 'x' mark on his chin. He recognized who the man was; it was X Drake. "Sparing civilians, are we?"

"Tch." Kid gritted his teeth. "None of your business. What the hell are you even doing here, Drake?" Drake tilted his head, raising a brow.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he spoke, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Last time I checked, you were causing havoc near Water 7. Why did you suddenly turn back?" Kid's face scrunched up to one of irritation, narrowing his eyes at the ex marine.

"Didn't I just tell you that it was none of your business?" Turning around, Kid waved to Killer. "Oi. Killer, let's get going. I don't want to waste any time on a weakling. We got more important things to do."

The pirate made a move to leave, before he paused, eyes glaring down at a man holding a wooden stick who Kid could only assume to be part of Drake's crew. His eyes scanned the man's body, noting that there wasn't a shred of metal in sight. He let out a big breath of hot air out of his mouth in annoyance.

So Drake was aware of his Devil Fruit abilities. How annoying.

"You really trying to pick a fight with me, huh, Drake?" Kid turned around, glaring hard at Drake. Killer stood beside Kid, hand moving for his scythes. All around them, they began to see that they were surrounded by pirates.

"No," Drake put his hands behind his back, "not a fight. I just had a few simple questions I need you to answer for me." He waved his hand in the air, and his men backed down, waiting for the two pirates to move in anticipation.