Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: Sanji's Internal Conflict

-----------------------------------

So you weren't expecting that large explosion that erupted from the ship that Igaram was on.

No, okay, let you rephrase. You were expecting an explosion. Just not one that was as powerful as that one. It was huge, probably half a mile in diameter, and burned a bright crimson red that shrouded the island in a glow of light.

Was Igaram alright? Yes, yes he was. Or well, somehow.

Right now you found yourself slung over Zoro's back as he blitzed through the streets like Sanic. You guys had to get back to the ship before the enemy found you. But you don't quite understand why you had to be carried. You could run to the ship like anyone else, and you were sure that Zoro was using up more energy than necessary.

"Zoro, I can run. It's fine."

"Shut up," he growled. Sweat dribbled down his forehead as he forced himself to run faster. "You still smell like alcohol. We're going to get killed if I let you run around without anyone helping you."

You quirked a brow. "But you're going the wrong way?"

Zoro skidded to a stop as he looked around. In the distance was Nami yelling at Zoro to come back, and Luffy who was running towards the two of you at full speed. In both of his hands was Sanji and Usopp, dragging the two men like sacks across the dirty ground.

You squinted your eyes, internally wincing at how much it must have hurt to go over all those rocks. And Luffy wasn't exactly the gentlest person there was. The duo's screams and yells weren't making it any better either.

"That way Zoro!" you shouted, steering him towards the right direction like a horse. "Go go go!"

Eventually, your group made it to the docks where Merry was chilling in the canal. Zoro was immediately hoisting the anchor by himself as you rushed around the deck, wondering what stuff you could do. It was then that you realized you had no idea how to operate a ship.

Your lips formed a thin line as you internally scolded yourself. Everyone was right. You had no idea how to do things in the real world. You barely knew how to pay with money, you didn't know how to order food or purchase stuff, and you didn't even know how a ship operates. Fucking hell, you were supposed to be a pirate!

And here you were, standing in the middle of the deck as clueless as idiots come, just now realizing all you really knew was how to fight.

"I can't even swim!" you cried as you smacked your head against the mast.

"Oi oi! Y/n!" Zoro called out to you, grabbing you by the wrists, stopping your self abuse. "No time to be having an existential crisis. Help me unfurl the sails."

"Unfurl the sails...?" you echoed, before your eyes brightened like a light bulb. "Unfurl sails! I know how to do that!" Squatting down, you gathered your energy and sprung up like a spring, a hand grabbing onto the mast and quickly letting the sails down.

Jumping back down, you gave yourself a pat on the back. "Good job Y/n for doing something~!" you congratulated yourself.

With everyone on board, the ship was immediately set asail, and you felt your stomach doing flips as you awaited the dreaded sea. Running to where everyone else was, your eyes caught sight of Sanji and Usopp.

"Sanji!! Usopp!! Hi!! You guys missed a lot of stuff that happened!" You giggled as you ran up to the two giving Usopp a big hug before moving to Sanji. Spreading your arms open wide for him to jump in like his usual self, you were filled with confusion when you garnered no response.