Chapter Five

Chapter Five: The Starting of a Journey and the Meeting of Allies Part Two

-------------------------------

You didn't know what to think.

Kid couldn't have known that the bracelets would do such a thing to you, right? He didn't seem like he wanted to cause you any harm. You put your thumb and index finger an inch apart, attempting to create a spark of electricity. When nothing happened, you clawed your hand towards the sky, and small sparks of electricity started to appear.

If someone else were watching, they'd tell you that your powers didn't disappear. They would be celebrating. But they wouldn't understand. It should have created a torrent of electricity, not small sparks. Phoenix cawed from above, consoling you, but it didn't help.

You had just confirmed your suspicions.

The bracelets blocked off the majority of your powers.

The boat rocked gently against the waves, and you whimpered slightly, as you couldn't spot a single island around you. Everything was going wrong so quickly. You had just barely survived a storm, before snow had instantly replaced it. It was a miracle that there was a patch with no snow clouds (or was it?). Suddenly, you felt a presence underneath your ship. Your eyes widened, and you made a move to jump, but you were a second too late.

The boat broke into splinters as Phoenix flew overhead, trying to get close to you. You gasped as you felt yourself fall, getting gradually closer to the sea.

Wind. Wind. WIND!

You clenched your hands, willing the wind to keep you from falling in, but just doing this action was draining. If you fell in, your fear would overcome your concentration, and you wouldn't be able to do anything, especially when you had those bracelets on. Something wet smacked your stomach, sending you tumbling into the water. The last of your strength, wasted.

Coughing, air bubbles escaped your mouth as you flailed in the water.

You didn't know how to swim.

You clenched your eyes shut as the water was unpleasant on your eyes.

You were scared.

You were going to die. Alone.

Master is going to be so disappointed to know that I died by drowning...

Your limbs shook as your lungs burned, needing oxygen. You didn't want to die without anyone there to get you through it. You didn't want to die in general. You couldn't disappoint him. Bubbles escaped your mouth as you opened your eyes a little, making out a large shadow coming closer to you. All you could see was a yellow eyeball before you passed out.

Heh, at least you weren't alone anymore.

* * *

"Captain, there's something approaching us."

"What is it, Bepo?" a masculine voice asked.

"It looks like... a sea king. Wait. There's something in his teeth." 'Bepo gasped. "It's a girl."

"A girl?!" a man with reddish brown hair exclaimed. He tilted his green hat up to get a good look out the window. "Holy shit, there really is a girl! And she's beautiful~ Penguin, come-" He was suddenly smacked in the head by a man of average height, adorning a hat with the word 'penguin' on it in bold letters.

"You idiot, if the Sea King has her in his mouth, then she's probably drowning, or injured! We're over fifty feet underwater!" the Penguin exclaimed. He turned towards a slim and tall man, adorning a white and black polka dotted hat. Tattoos littered his body, most of it being covered up by his yellow and black hoodie with a jolly roger on the front. "Captain, we have to save her!"