XXXVIII: Web of Lies (Part 4)

(Raw)

‘Are you heading out? I have something  to say. Please don’t be angry at me okay?’

A curious frown formed as Melody red Darren’s reply. Why would she possibly be angry to him? After all, he’s going out his way just so she can see Waffle.

‘Why would I be angry? I’m almost outside. See you.’

Melody lifted her head upon hitting the send button. Her eyes went on scanning the café’s spacious patio. The floor and  terrace wooden, with a few plants and hydrangea flowers lining at the sides.

There were still a lot of vacant tables and on one of it, standing, expectantly waiting with a pet carrier at hand was not Darren…

But Clarence.

Clarence!?

Melody did a double take. ‘What is he doing here?’

If thoughts can make sounds her mind would literally be screaming at the moment.

‘What to do!? What to do!?’

This other question raced her head. It wouldn’t be too late to head back in, hide and then sneak out. Right?

She thought to herself, panic getting the better of her.

She hasn’t even fully recovered from the last encounter, and yet lo and behold there appears the last person she wanted to see.

Ugh. At this rate Melody thought she should ready herself just in case Cindy also came popping out of nowhere.

With cold sweat breaking out, she decided she wouldn’t want a repeat of the other night. It wouldn’t be too late to head back. Clarence haven’t seen her yet. And by the looks of it he was busy checking his phone.

‘to escape it is!’

Melody swiftly turned and headed for the café door, with just an arm’s length away from it, she completely turned into a halt as her heart plummeted it’s way down her stomach.

“Melody!”

Clarence voice stopped her on tracks. And like a kid caught stealing from the cookie jar she flinched and faced his way, defeated.

So much for the escape plan. She would have made a sigh of frustration if she weren’t so breathless and nervous at the thought of spending some time with Clarence again.

“Hi.” She greeted them moment she reached the table, forcing a fake smile.

Clarence on the other hand responded with a big wide smile while swiftly pulling a chair for her to sit before taking the seat across her.

“Ah, thank you. I see you we’re the one here instead of Darren?”

Melody wasted no time beating around the bush.

This must be what Darren meant when he messaged ‘not to be angry’ at him.

If she didn’t knew better she’d be clueless that these was all planned.