Chapter 4

We were running back to mine and Ziggys cabin. "OK KNOWING MY BROTHER SEXUALLY ACTIVE IS NOT SOMETHING I WANTED TO KNOW!" Nick yelled. We all started laughing "Did you hear her" I said."She sounded like a frog" Ziggy says, and we all start busting out laughing again. "What did I tell you" Nick says looking at us smiling. "Fuck paint" I reply. "Fuck paint" Nick says while smirking.

"Who are you?" Ziggy asks Nick . "Nick Goode" he replied sticking out his hand shaking Ziggy's. She lets go and starts to walk out the door. "I am going to go check up on Cindy, you coming Clara?" She asks. I look at Nick and see him looking down upset. "No i will see you later though" I say. "Alrighty bye" she says walking out the door. Leaving me and Nick alone.

Nick was the first one to break the silence. "How about we play a game of questions" he says look up at me. "Sure why not" I reply back smirking while leaning on the table. "Ok alright we'll, what's your favorite color?" He questioned. " Emerald green definitely" i reply looking at him. "My turn, how about favorite Author?" I asks him. "Well I guess Stephen king, alright next question" he mumbled looking into the tank of animals. "uhhh,how about your sister Cindy, you guys ever get along?" He whispered. I dropped the turtle back into the water and look over at him. "I thought these were supposed to be easy questions" I mumbled while turning my body towards him.

"Says who? There are no rules to this game" he exclaims. I bends down looking in a tank with a snake. "God, I hate snakes" i says. "Why are you dodging my question?" He questioned while smirking. He leans towards me , i roll my  shoulders. "Why do you care" i questioned huffing."Curious" he states. "Me and Ziggy have hated her since we were a baby, next question" i spat at him. "Cmon" he cooed. I slowly walks toward him. "Why are you so full of shit?" I ask.  Nicks eyes went widened. "What" he stuttered out ,I  walk away from him. "Nick Goode without a parent ,daddy was the police chief king of Sunnyvale and now your gonna be the same, expect its make believe, the truth is you like Stephen king and spiders and the girl from Shadyside" I  said looking at him though the other side did the tank.

He head shot up looking at you . " ok Stephen king is Super popular and I can't like the girl from Shadyside" he stated look away from you. "Why not" I ask as he stutters. "Cause im a counselor and she's a camper" he replied. I roll my eyes. " last year for me first year for you" I continued only to be cut off by Nick. "Plus how will I get to know her if she keeps dodging my questions?" He says. I look up to see him leaning back and stepping back to sit on the bench. I walk over to him

I sigh sitting down. Nick looked over seeing her arms crossed. "There was a time when things between us three were good" she starts, Nick looks at her lips then back to her eyes. "When my dad was around my mom was happy, and my and Ziggy and Cindy would um throw toilet paper on Mr curtbrows tree then go jump in the lake with all of our clothes on, but now it's just gone to shit" I whispered feeling my lip shiver and my voice cracked. Holding back my tears nick puts an arm around my shoulder.

I sighed looking up at Nick. "Cause that's what's happens when you live in Shadyside everything turns to shit eventually" looking away "but I don't expect a Sunnyvaler to understand" I finished saying looking back at him as he sigh. "well maybe you're right,but uh being heir apparently isn't easy either before he died my dad loaded me up with this, you know you're my legacy, The future depends on your shit. You know, he just dropped a big burden in my lap and I dunno, what if I don't want to be that? What if that's not what I want to be? What if I want to be that kid Who likes spiders and Stephen King and-" "the weird girl from Shadyside?" I ask. "Yeah" he whispered and smiles

"The weird girl from Shadyside, but uh I guess there's nothing I can do about it" he whispered. I look up at him confused "well why not" I asked. Nick look down at me "yeah, you were right, can we go back to easy questions" he questioned look at me "ok" I said . I started walking towards him. "Um.. would you -kiss the Weird girl" I ask slowly.

I leaned towards him now my face was inches apart. I place my hand on the back of his neck as we both lean into the warmth of our lips. Nick puts his hand on my waist pulling me closer in. I began move my lips in sync with his.

"AHHHHH" we both broke apart in shock of hearing the scream we both look at the door still trying to catch our breath.

Dont forget to vote and comment!! Please don't be a silent reader