Chapter 10

"Listen kid, we know you're been though a lot. We know, but unless your going to give us real information, you gotta stop contacting us". officer Kapinski said. I roll my eyes at him I grab on to my sheets, it's reminds me where I am. I'm not there. I'm not in a grassy open field, lying next to my dead sisters, choking on my own blood. "I already told you what happened, it's not my fault you don't fucking believe me, asks Ziggy she will say the same thing" I reply. There's just a beat of silence until Knock. Knock.

"Clara Berman you have another visitor" I hear the nurse say. I sat up a little and winced in pain. "Oh no stay put honey your wounds haven't healed yet". The nurse told me "now I'll let you two be" she said walking out the door. Nick walked in, it had been 2 weeks since I last saw him and the death of Cindy and now he pops up out of the blue. "Clara" he whispers sitting down of the end of my bed, placing flowers on the hospital table with other gifts. "Nick" I reply not looking at him.

I let out a relieved sigh and look at Nick. "He's still being a dick, won't even give me time of the day, it's exhausting" I said as laying my head on my pillow. I look at Nick and see him looking at at anything but me. He makes his way near me putting his hand on my cheek. A second later officer Kapinski excuse him self, leaving me and Nick alone. He takes his hand off my cheek looking down guilt and upset. That looks makes my stomach turn. He clears his throat looking up at me.

"That night I umm told Kapinski that's Tommy just went crazy" he confesses looking me in the eyes. I freeze. "What?" I said Softly. A pain expression comes on his face. "Clara,the curse it's-" he takes a breath before breaking my heart "it's not real, it doesn't exist never has, never will" he finishes. The feeling for weeks creeps up on me, wishing I had stayed dead, no one believes me other than Ziggy. I lean away from him as he try's to hold my hand.

"You said you believe me and Ziggy,you said you were different, why are you even here?" i whisper. He dodges my question. "How's your day?" He asks me I sigh. "No one died, Ziggy alive". I reply joking kinda. "That your standards" he looks at me. I stay quiet not forgetting he doesn't believe me. "I stood up to my family today" he breaks the silence. "What do you mean by that" i response back "you know how I said I did not want to be controlled by my family in the nature and science cabin?" He questions me as I look up and smile. "Yeah" he brush my fallen pieces of hair on my face off. "Well I told them I didn't want to do that I wanted to be the who likes Stephen King, spiders,-" I cut him off  "The wired girl from shadyside" I say smiling. " yeah, they were really mad at me" he utters.  "What did they make you do?" I ask Softly he looked at the floor the back to me. "It's wasn't me and even if I could tell you it would ruin whatever this is" he said my heart began to be fast. "Nick?-" I question him looking at the tear that roll down his cheek.

"I'm sorry Clara but I can't tell you, I just-" he leans down and kisses me passionately as our lips move in sync the whole worlds goes into a blur. My heart starts beating faster that before. He pulls away and puts is forehead on my mumbling "I love you Clara Berman" I hear him say very low and Softly. He pulls away standing up and brings his hand though his brown hair. He does not believe me how can he love me? I felt his wipe my cheek not knowing I was crying before.

"Get out" I say I hear the bed creaking as he gets off of it . "Please you have to under-" he says almost crying I cut him off not wanting to hear the desperation in his voice. "Get out Nick GO" I raise my voice a little. I hear release a shaky breath, "I'm sorry" he whispered walks toward the door he pauses at the door turning around looking at me. I look up at him the look him in the eye. " I thought I knew you I loved you, I never want to see you again!" I yelled at him. He flinches like I has slapped him. I should've have.

Why did I have to live Cindy Alice dead why didn't I stay death. Ziggy needs me I hsve to be strong for her. He opens and closes his mouth trying to figure out what to say. He slowly turns away and opens the door. My heart slowly breaks with tears in my eyes I look down. Once I hear the door close I look up to find him gone. He's gone he left me. He chose to his brother and his family legacy over the shadysider.

Dont forget to vote and comment!! Please don't be a silent reader