Chapter 8

I'm so, so, so fricking sorry for not updating! A lot has been happening for me, and I've also been more into Creepypasta recently than Sanders Sides. If you would like me to publish one of my in-the-works Creepypasta books, you can ask! I've actually got quite a few! I know that there really is no excuse for how long it's taking me to get these out, so I won't try to shove my reasons at you anymore. I'm not very good at responsibility, and that's that. I'm not making a good enough effort, which is entirely my fault, and I apologize. I sincerely hope that this chapter can make up for it a little bit! I love you all! Stay safe out there!

Trigger Warning: Cutting, blood, gore. Like, quite a bit of it. Also brief mention of vomit, I know some people don't like that kind of thing

-----------------------------------------------------------

  For the past few days, things had been strange. A little...off. All of the Sides had been less energetic than usual, even me. And I was never energetic anyway.

  It was like all of Thomas' emotions and thoughts had dulled.

  He was almost lethargic. Like there was nothing in him. He still laughed and smiled at times, but it was easy to see that he was faking it.

  He hadn't talked to us very much either. And every time he saw Y/n, they shared a moment of silent eye contact, then he looked away and usually left the room. He hadn't spoken to her at all.

  Strangely enough, none of us had questioned it. At least not that I know of. It felt like I didn't have the energy to bother asking why.

  There were a lot of days when I just didn't feel like getting up in the morning, but today was different. It was like...it didn't matter if I got up or not. Like nobody would miss me or care if I just stayed in bed and rotted away.

  It's not like those kind of thoughts were new to me, but this time they weren't anxious thoughts like they usually were. They were sad, and almost defeatist. After everything else that had been happening, they began to fester in my mind.

  I thought on them as I trudged downstairs for breakfast. I questioned them as Patton set a bowl of cereal in front of me with a weak smile. I worried about them as I noticed the absence of Roman.

  Patton was sitting across from me, but he wasn't really eating. He was mostly just stirring the cereal around in his bowl.

  Logan had opted out of breakfast and was sitting on the couch reading. I watched him for a while and noticed that he hadn't turned a single page.

  Y/n had taken breakfast up to her room.

  Roman still wasn't there.

  I averted my gaze down to the slightly soggy bowl in front of me.

  This isn't right.

  CRASH!

  A loud noise from the floor above captured the attention of all of us, and prompted immediate reaction through the groggy haze that seemed to have settled over our minds.

  We bolted up the stairs in a line, Patton leading us and Logan taking up the rear.

  My heart was racing.

  Roman's door was open.

  It stopped beating entirely.

  I whispered silent prayers as I shoved past Patton, the momentary regret I felt at the dismissing action soon being taken over by sheer terror.

  I raced through the doorway, stopping to quickly search the room.

  I saw him.

 "Princey..."