Chapter 1

Heya! So yeah, this is my new book! I already have a couple chapters written, so I know for a fact that I won't leave you at two this time! There is a trigger warning for this one, so if you can't read books that include depression, self-harm, self-hate, people hating or being against the Reader, suicidal thoughts and/or tendencies, possible attempted suicide (I haven't decided if I'm going to add that yet, if I do I'll put a warning on the chapter itself) and probably some other things that I'm forgetting, then please don't read this! I want you all to stay happy and in good mental health! I love you all, please stay safe and wash your hands! Enjoy!
______________________________________

  The first thing I saw was darkness. Then, a small light. I stared at it, unable to look away. I watched as it slowly grew larger and larger, curious as to what it was. Then I realized that it wasn't growing larger, it was growing nearer.

  It was so, so bright, but it didn't hurt my eyes. I watched, enamored with it as it slowly began to engulf me.

  I felt my eyes drift shut and I got the sensation of falling asleep for a moment before I was violently jolted back to life.

  My eyes shot open to reveal darkness once again. Then, the darkness began to clear up, and in it's place a room took form. I realized that I was sitting on a bed.

  I was stock still at first, unsure of how to move, or if I even could move. I slowly turned my head to the left. A closed door with a plastic laundry basket next to it and an end table.

  To the right. Another end table and a long mirror that hung on the wall.

  Back to the front. A dresser and a small built-in closet, which had an open bypass door.

  I turned my stiff body slightly to look behind me. A bed with black sheets, a large black comforter, and two pillows with no pillow cases.

  The end tables and dresser were made of a black wood and the room had virtually no customization. It looked like a brand new room that no one had moved into yet.

  I moved my neck from side to side. I slowly kicked my legs out, noting the black leggings and black jean skirt I was wearing. I rolled my ankles and saw that I had on black Converse high tops. I stretched my arms out to the side, then to the front. I twisted my torso and saw that I had on a black, nondescript hoodie. I ran my hands over my head and found that I had h/l hair that was put up in a ponytail.

  I slowly stood up and walked over to the mirror and finally got a good look at myself. I had never seen myself before.

  I scanned over my body, taking in the fact that I now had a physical form. I looked at my eyes in the mirror and I felt trapped for a moment. It wasn't a bad trapped, it was just...kinda captivated. I looked at my eyes for God knows how long before it came to me.

  My name.

  I heard the sound of my door opening and in the mirror I saw seven men with vaguely the same appearance standing in my doorway.

  I turned around slowly, still uneasy in my new body. One of the men stepped forward, and I could feel that he was important.

  "Hi, uuuhhh...I'm Thomas. This is...well, my mind. And uh, wh-who are you?" He asked, confusion evident on his and the others faces.

  I swallowed hard, not sure if I could speak. Well, I'll never know if I don't try. I cleared my throat and opened my mouth.

  "Depression. I am Depression."
                                ***
I had been alive for two hours and forty-three minutes and already I was wishing I wasn't.