Chapter 2

Hi whoever's reading this! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my book, I hope you like it! I'm gonna try my best to update it every Thursday, but don't hold your breath because I am very, very forgetful. I hope you enjoy this chapter, bye!
______________________________________
  This...is weird.

  I watched as the new girl sunk out back to her room and the Sides began talking again.

  I looked down at my shoes and studied the untied black laces and the rips in the purple fabric.

  Why did I...why did I think that? I-I'm gay...right? Thomas is, so...shouldn't I be?

  I thought back to when we first knew that something was wrong. The rest of the Sides and I could feel that something big was happening.

  I came out of my room and saw the rest of them looking out of theirs. We all noticed the new door next to mine at the same time.

  "Get Thomas." Roman said immediately. Patton immediately sunk out and came back in with him.

  "Guys, what is happening? I was in the middle of a video."

  Roman walked up to Thomas and turned him around so the new door was in his line of sight. He stood there blinking for a moment.

  "Oh."

  None of us knew what to do. Finally, he started to slowly walk up to the door, the rest of us following close behind. He grabbed ahold of the handle and took a deep breath. He slowly pushed the door open, and on the other side we saw...a girl. She was looking in a mirror. She turned around slowly and we saw her face. It didn't look like Thomas'.

  Thomas stepped forward and began to talk to her, but I didn't hear what he said. I only heard my thoughts.

  Wow, she's...she's beautiful. W-Wait, what!? No, no she's not, she's...she's a girl. She's a girl and you're gay, Virgil. Stop it!

  I was shaken from my thoughts by her response to whatever it was Thomas had said. It made my blood run cold.

  "Depression. I am Depression."

  You know that horrible, sinking feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you find out that something bad has happened to someone you love? That was what I felt in that moment. The rest of it was a blur, up until the arguing started. I was jolted back into reality as all of the Sides came at Thomas at once demanding an explanation for why she was here.

  I said a lot of things I didn't mean, and I yelled at Patton. I made him cry. He had started tearing up the moment we found out that Thomas was depressed, but he had been holding it together pretty well for a while.

  He first started crying for real somewhere in the middle of the argument, but no one except for me and Thomas really noticed because he had stopped soon after. When I yelled at him...I made him cry again.

  It was an awful feeling to know that I had caused it, and I immediately felt guilty, but I didn't apologize. I don't know why. I guess I was too angry.

  I was brought back to the present again as Logan snapped his fingers in front of my face. I looked up to see all of the Sides staring at me expectantly.

  "I'm sorry, what?" They all sighed in exasperation.

  "You weren't listening that entire time?" Janus asked, clearly frustrated with me. "I would rather not listen if you're talking, lizard breath." I muttered.

  "What was that?" He asked in a warning tone. I smirked at him. "Nothing Karen." He huffed and tugged on the wrist of one of his gloves, shooting me a glare.