Chapter 4

Hey! This chapter contains a pretty severe panic attack and...forced suicide? I have no idea how you would describe it, but no one really dies, it's in the dream sequence. Speaking of which, I feel like the dream is pretty intense, so feel free to skip over that part or this whole chapter in general if you don't want to read that. Thanks! Love ya!
-----------------------------------------------------------

  I tossed and turned in my bed, unable to get any sleep after the nightmare I had.

  I sighed and sat up, running a hand through my hair and looking down at my purple blanket. It was patterned the same as my jacket and door.

  My eyes fell shut as the memory of that awful dream was brought back to me once again.

  I was in a black room. The only thing I could make out was a white door with a silver handle. All around me were floating white specks of what looked like dust.

  No, not dust.

  I looked closer at one and saw myself sitting next to Thomas. He was trying to text Joan, but I was telling him that they were probably only talking to him out of pity.

  These were memories.

  Suddenly I heard a muffled voice come from the door. Then another. They were talking, having a conversation.

  I walked towards it and firmly grasped the handle, but when I tried to turn it, it wouldn't budge. I grabbed it with both hands and pulled as hard as I could, but it seemed to be locked. I noticed a small keyhole that hadn't been there before and knelt down to look through it.

  It was the Sides. All of them except Y/n. They were talking. I listened closely and was just able to make out their conversation.

  "He is so annoying! All he ever does is limit Thomas and keep him from doing anything fun!" Roman said.

  Right away I knew who they were talking about.

  "I know, right?" Patton sighed. "I try my best to be nice to him, but let's face it. Nobody wants to be around him."

  I felt like I had been punched in the face.

  I was used to Roman saying these thingswell, sort of—but...never Patton.

  Logan nodded in agreement with him.

  "That is my point exactly. It would be most beneficial for Thomas if he left for good. It is quite clear that none of us would miss him, so there is absolutely no reason for him to continue to pester Thomas every day."

  They all agreed with him. I felt a pang in my heart.

  "The worst day of our lives was when he finally left. We had been dreading that day ever since he came into existence." Janus said. I could tell by his face and the emphasis he put on certain words that he was lying.

  Remus snickered.

  "Yeah. He's about as useful to Thomas as indigestion is to a mother koala!"