Chapter 5

First of all, I grovel at your feet for forgiveness m'theydey, and I pray that my next chapter be swift and eloquent for your majesty to hopefully enjoy. I'm so freaking sorry. I admit that sometimes I was just feeling lazy so I didn't bother to write, but November was also a really hard month for me, as it was for about four million other people. If you know, you know🖤🤍
Second of all, big trigger warning for this chapter. It contains cutting and suicidal thoughts (which are kind of a given for this book, but there's more than usual this time) so be careful if you choose to read it.
Third of all, I already hate how I wrote some of this book. Particularly the story arc of how fast Virgil starts to realize he might not be gay. I'm gonna say he just has kind of a teenagerish crush and isn't actually in love yet, because that's not how it happens. I'm one for slow burns, so I have no idea how I let this happen to my own freaking book
Fourth of all, I am once again begging for your forgiveness, and please enjoy this chapter! Comment if you want, I'd love to know what you think of it! Love you all, and I'm sorry
______________________________________

I shut the door to Virgil's room as quietly as possible. I guess it's a good thing I got hungry. I thought as I tiptoed down the stairs, making my way into the kitchen. I sighed as the memories of my own nightmares flooded through my brain. They can get rather intense, but...this last time it was different. On Y/n's second day here, I thought it to be my royal duty to make her feel welcome. I spent quite a bit of time with her, I even showed her my room. To be completely honest, it was...enjoyable. I had fun. But...that night, I had a nightmare. One much worse than any before. Y/n. She was there. She was...she was trying to convince me to...do something awful. I looked down at the table in front of me, just now noticing that I had made a bowl of cereal. I sighed and scooped up a spoonful, choosing to stare at it rather than eat it. I must have looked rather odd, sitting alone in the kitchen at four in the morning while staring intently at a spoonful of frosted flakes. I just don't understand it. Why would I have a nightmare like that? And, why would Virgil have a nightmare the very next night? After giving this much thought, I sighed and finally decided to bring the now soggy cereal to my lips. Then suddenly...it clicked. I was stock-still for a moment as the realization flooded my brain like a tidal wave. Y/n. It was Y/n. She did this to us. I dropped my spoon and bolted out of my chair, dumping the goopy mess into the sink and setting the bowl in the center. I ran upstairs, no longer worried about being quiet. I knew it, I knew it! She's obviously a Dark Side, therefore it was foolish of me to trust that she would be a friend! I hastily knocked on Logan's door, hoping he was awake. Seconds passed before I knocked again, slightly louder this time. I heard a creak on the other side of the door, followed by slow footsteps. The lock let out a small "click" and the handle a light "squeak" before the door slowly opened, revealing a tired-looking Logan on the other side. He rubbed his eyes and I noticed he didn't have his glasses on. He squinted a bit and looked at me. "Who-Who am I looking at right now? Why have you decided that- what time is it?" I was a bit confused, but looked to the wall clock behind him. "Um, it's Roman, and it's six-thirteen." Wow, I was down there staring at cereal for two hours? "Ah. Roman. Yes, I suppose I should've known it was you. Why have you decided that six-thirteen, which is approximately an hour and seventeen minutes before I usually exit my circadian rhythm, is an appropriate time to knock on my door?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Wow, so you just roll right out of bed and enter dictionary mode, huh?" He sighed. "If you have no reason for me to be awake, I will be returning to sleep now." He started to close his door and I immediately stuck my foot in to stop it, which was quite uncomfortable considering I was clad in only a slammin' Beauty and the Beast onesie. I winced slightly and looked at him pleadingly as he groaned. He opened the door once again and looked at me with a very unamused expression. "What?" My mouth hung slightly open for a moment before I swiveled my head from side to side and shoved Logan into his room, shutting the door behind us. He roughly pushed me off of him, now clearly angry. "Roman, what exactly was that for!?" He spoke in a slightly raised tone, which I quickly shushed. I took a deep breath. "Logan, I-I think Y/n is...poisoning us, in a way. Sh-She's polluting our minds and giving us these-these horrible thoughts and dreams. Both Virgil and myself have experienced this. I-I think." He squinted at me and furrowed his brows. "You think? Roman, you are behaving like a child, waking me up and going off about your strange delusions like this. What has gotten into you?" I huffed and crossed my arms. "They are not delusions, they are merely hypothesises!" I said. I was growing frustrated with him and the way he constantly shut down everything that seemed odd. He sighed and raised a hand to his temples. "First of all, it's hypotheses, and second of all, a hypothesis is a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation." He dropped his hand and eyed me, still squinting in an effort to see me better. "You have approximately no evidence. And with that, I bid you farewell and goodnight." He walked towards me and turned me around before beginning to hastily push me to his door, clearly annoyed and ready for me to leave. "Wha- no, wait!" I put my hands on either side of his doorway, stopping him from being able to open it. He sighed in frustration and took his hands off of me. "Roman, you will either remove yourself from my room or you will spend what is left of your normal Circadian rhythm on my floor." His tone made it clear that he was extremely irritated, but a prince does not give up so easily when justice is on the line. I looked at him over my shoulder, still not moving my hands from his doorway. "But I have evidence! I-I'm not just going on nothing this time, I swear!" He pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation and sighed. For like, a really long time. "Fine. Tell me what you have found." His change was so sudden I almost didn't register it, but when I did, a huge smile found its way to my face and I immediately went to sit on his bed as I began to go over my deductions. He soon gave up on going back to bed and put his glasses on, finally ready to partake in my one-sided conversation. Eventually, Patton knocked on the door and announced breakfast, causing an intermission in our conversation. Unfortunately, we had no idea what the events of that intermission would be.