10. First Crush

Mikki POV
(After school)

Every single time.

You would think he would grow up and remember to bring his hydro flask everywhere he goes, but he always forgets if I don't remind him.

I always suggest he put his hydro flask in his sports bag so he won't forget. Still, Atsumu argues about how he doesn't want the possibility of water leaking inside his bag and getting all his things wet. I told him if he tightened the lid well enough, that would never happen, but he's too stubborn to listen to me.

It sucks cause the moment class ended, he sped away to the gym, and I noticed his hydro flask on the floor. I tried to call out to him, but he didn't hear me and took off.

Now I'm dragging my feet to bring him his hydro flask. He's such a kid.

I reluctantly head to the boys' volleyball gym with Atsumu's hydro flask in my hand. I checked the gym to see if Atsumu was anywhere around.

Where is he? I don't see Osamu here, so I can't drop it off to him either.

"Mikki?" I hear a familiar voice and turn around to see Kita standing there.

"K-Kita! W-What are you doing here?" I nervously greet.

I never thought I would see him again after the first day of school. I wanted to meet him, but I didn't know where I could find him. Yet here we are, standing face to face with each other.

For once, I'm glad I ended up bringing Atsumu's hydro flask over.

"Why are you visiting the boys' volleyball gym?" Kita asks.

"I'm-- um, I mean, a friend of mine forgot his hydro flask, so I wanted to bring it over so he wouldn't get it thirsty during his volleyball practice," I stammer.

"I see," Kita smiles. "That's kind of you."

"Thanks," I shyly scratch the back of my head. "Since you're here, are you also on the boy's volleyball team?"

"I am, but I'm going to try out to be starting player for the team, so I'll be competing with a bunch of the first years during the training camp," he explains.

"Oh, I see! Good luck! I hope you can be a starting player!" I cheer him on. "I am hoping to be starting player as well so maybe we can each other again?" I ask.

"Of course they gyms aren't too far from each other so we will definitely see each other again," Kita says with a subtle smile, and my heart skips a beat.

He notices a leaf fall on my hair and reaches out to me.

W-Wha—-

I quickly close my eyes embarrassed as he reaches his hand out close to my face.

What's happening!?

"Sorry, I was trying to take this leaf off your hair," he explains, and my cheeks flush bright red.

"T-Thanks!" I shyly say.

My heart is racing fast, and my face won't stop flushing bright red.

He looks at the hydro flask. "I can hand the hydro flask to your friend if you would like. What's his name again?"

"Atsumu Miya," I tell as I hand him the hydro flask. "Thanks again Kita."

"No problem, have a good volleyball practice. I hope to see you again," he softly smile.

"Y-You too! Bye Kita," I wave, then head back to the girls' volleyball team.

Although we seen each other only twice, but I want to see him again and get to know him more. What is this feeling? I had never felt this way before.